• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

is there a definitive guide on all...

the extra bits of metal that you can put in the car to make it more stable, turn in more, not slide, bounce etc.

Just interested in this as I haven't come across a lot of this stuff before and was thinking there are probably a lot of newbies out there that might want to understand more on what they are buying.

I'm talking things like

Upper and lower strut braces
Front, Middle, Rear
Lower bars etc

ETDs and such

Who's got what and how does it affect the car?

Very good idea mate, here is my knowledge of the different bits.

Strut braces: stiffen the chassis of the car and reduce body/chassis flex through the corners
Anti Roll bars: Reduce the roll of the body on the suspension during conering
ETD: Reduces movement of the engine when under load eliminating wheel hop and also reducing strain on the exhaust manifold.
Control arms: reduce unsprung weight but not sure on the full benfits
Lower tie bars: unsure on these
Poly Urethane bushes: help to reduce movement of suspension components (I think)
Adjustable Tie rod ends: help on lowered cars can also be adjusted to give a better turning circle or a more agressive turn in etc.
Camber arms: gives more control on camber set up of the car to help turn in, reduce snap oversteer etc.

I think this is most of the components available, please feel free to add to bits I missed or correct me if i'm wrong, going on what i've learnt myself :)

Back