• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Is there a point?

Is there any point in owning an ep3 if you hardly ever use vtec? All my journeys are short 5-20min max trips to the shops and gym. Im not in work atm so its costing me alot to run an ep3 with tax and insurance mainly, petrol isnt so much the issue. I love the car but im just thinking recently that I dont really use it to its potential at all these days, I could easily get a cheap 1.2 and pocket the savings. Just looking to see what you guys have to say..

If you aren't using it and don't feel the love for it any more it's time to move on in my opinion.

If you aren't doing the mileage it might be worth telling your insurance and seeing if the premium comes down.

The road tax bit is minimal, say your next car is £120 a year to tax, when you work it out it'd only be £3 a week less.

I havent lost the love for it tbh, still really like that car. Im in Ireland by the way, tax for a 2l is 660 euro, which is around 500 sterling!

Ah! Posted from Tapatalk last night. :picardfp:

If you still enjoy the car, getting rid for a 1.2 shopping cart will only torment you and you'll end up buying another in a few months. :lol:

I did the same with the FD2. I loved it but never used it to its potential after a year or so.

Used it for going to work in and the occasional drive out. It was my 4th Type-R variant so I think the love had gone.

Sold it and never looked back TBH. Enjoyed owning it but don't miss it. Much better off financially now too.

Back