• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Is this a members car? And is this dyno right?

A mates pointed this out to me,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Civ...9872718?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item415b9cbc4e

not going to comment on whether 350bhp is possible, as whilst it does seem a little high for a 1.6, Honda engines always surprise me with whats possible, and I've only had a monthes experience with them, so not going to say its not possible.
However what has aroused my suspicions is the dyno printout. looks to me like peak power and torque is where v-tec should be coming in, and revs limit at 7000. Or is v-tec disabled and revs limited on turbo conversions?

Also it seems the DVLA haven't been informed of the work done, the owner is proud that it can be insured as a stock 1.4 or 1.6 Civic.

It won't be vtec as you know it, as the cams & ECU will have been changed to suit the FI. 21 PSI is insane. I wouldn't expect that engine to last 10k miles.

350BHP is will within the realms of possibility for a B16, IIRC they've been as high as 550bhp.

Edit: just read that it's a SOHC D16, not the B16... which goes some way to explain the low revs.

Last edited by a moderator:
i didn't think you need to tell the DVLA if a car is turbo'ed. If you did insure it as stock you might as well not bother as you don't have insurance technically as no insurance company would pay out

An Americanism J7. They also talk about power at the hubs rather than the wheels.

i didn't think you need to tell the DVLA if a car is turbo'ed. If you did insure it as stock you might as well not bother as you don't have insurance technically as no insurance company would pay out

From what he's said its not the origional engine, and DVLA would need to now that.

With that high boost I'd assume theres plenty of lag too. Though from the looks I'd assume its a dyno queen taken to shows on a trailer.

An Americanism J7. They also talk about power at the hubs rather than the wheels.

I know mate, it was more about the statement of having 350 Wheel horsepower at the Crank?
It's either measured at the wheels or the fly, not both.

350 bhp at the fly is quite achieveable for a D16Z6 - the D-series engines accept forced induction amazingly well and looking at the specs this one has at least got stronger internals and the vitara pistons which should allow it to cope with the added stresses. The Z6 is the best of the bunch too, although some may argue the Y8 had certain advantages. It doesn't state what turbo is fitted though which IMO is probably the most liable component to let this car down at some point, especially running boost as high as that.

Back