• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Is this a special edition fk2 type R?

Curry how do you find the Golf? Considering one as a daily next year.

I think in many ways the Golf R is a better car than the CTR as an every day driver but I just can't get passed its conservative looks myself

I think in many ways the Golf R is a better car than the CTR as an every day driver but I just can't get passed its conservative looks myself

Not really fussed about looks, that said I do like the understated nature of it. I'm just after a quick and practical hatchback, I should probably go for a GTI however the R isn't that much more on PCP/leases.

The CTR has a bigger boot than the Golf but it's only a 4 seater
The Golf R runs on 98oct fuel were as the Honda uses 95oct
I bet the Civic uses less fuel than the AWD Golf no matter what they
Say on paper . The Golf will be a more refined ride for sure

TBH, none of that means anything to me, I simply dislike the look of the FK2. I'd be embarrassed walking up to it in a car park and I wouldn't enjoy driving it because of the way it looks. The Golf is an ideal daily for me, take to the shops, not worry about it, it can have a cycle rack on it, it's understated and the interior is a nice place to be. I wouldn't mind the GTI but the standard seats are hideous and by the time you spec the leather ones the R isn't that much more money.

When I want something more exciting I'll bring the Evo out of the garage.

I used to get people saying aren't I embarrassed driving my Evos I've owed but
I like cars which stand out I guess

That's the thing, different strokes for different folks. I love the attention my Evo gets but I hate taking it shopping for example and there's no way in hell I'll put a bike rack on it. I also took it to Wales this weekend and it just tipped it down. I'd have rather been in something more modern with cruise control etc.

Trust I'm with you on that one even when all my work mates would take the **** about the silly big wing
big exhaust and why is there a hole in the bonnet lol
My Civic feels like my old Evo 8 it has the same dry grip but has why more toys than my X had , it feels light
and fun but at normal speeds and it's really chilled out and still a real head turner

I haven't seen a single photo of the TypeR that gives an inkling of what they're like in the flesh. Very poorly portrayed IMO. I love them in the metal.

Any pics of the R, they're trying to make out its sportiness and performance orientation. Then in the metal they're too square and too high with a slick new paint job, big wheels and lots of exhaust tips.

I'd love to be able to test drive each and pick what one I'd like to have. I love FWD R cars but I'm also partial to a bit of quattro/4motion performance.

That's my Evo.

Still don't like the FK2. The front is okay, rear is hideous.

Don't forget the Evo IX is the same body as the VII which came out 15 years ago.

Trust me Sir when it comes to Evo's thats what I know best I spent 10k on my 8 and 20k on my X just modding them
And thats before buying the cars never again I tell ya LOL

Back