• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Is This New??

SpaceMonkey said:
Certainly doesn't look as nice as the EP3 imo.

The stats don't hold up as well either as yet :(

0-60 in the same time.

0-60 doesn't mean much. To be able to pull that time off in the current car you'd need excellent surface and a fantastic launch.

The 30-70 times will be the ones to watch out for, and it's said it's quicker then the EP3.

I wonder if those 18's are lighter than Ep3 alloys...and if they'll fit...and if my Spoon calipers will fit behind them :?:

Sounds quite good to me... Liking the idea of bringing the V-Tec kick in at 5400rpm as well... :twisted: Thats one thing that got on my tits a bit in the old one.. The fact that you needed an airport runway to get the maximum kicks in each gear :roll:

' .....Having a runway to get the most out of each gear'??????

Drop in down two , then accelerate :!:

The first soft type R, what a opportunity missed.

Won't be getting my money, DC5 stays :wink:

As I said in another post, Honda are going for a broader market. Its more about bragging what the car has got equipment wise that will sell the majority of these cars, not the Type R ethos, or the rawness of it.

Imagine Joe Bloggs at a Honda dealership saying... "well the astra VXR has got climate control, cruise control, electric everything and adaptive lights, what has the Type R got?"

Obviously Honda need to be able to compete with that and they cant compete with a stripped out racer. I hope that Honda will release a special version of the new CTR which will appeal to those who want a raw stripped out racer (maybe a Type RR) but unless they can make money out of doing so it simply will not happen.

Funky said:
As I said in another post, Honda are going for a broader market. Its more about bragging what the car has got equipment wise that will sell the majority of these cars, not the Type R ethos, or the rawness of it.

Imagine Joe Bloggs at a Honda dealership saying... "well the astra VXR has got climate control, cruise control, electric everything and adaptive lights, what has the Type R got?"

Obviously Honda need to be able to compete with that and they cant compete with a stripped out racer. I hope that Honda will release a special version of the new CTR which will appeal to those who want a raw stripped out racer (maybe a Type RR) but unless they can make money out of doing so it simply will not happen.

You make alot of sense from a marketing point of view Funky - just a real shame that Honda have not kept the Type R brand as a raw driving car. :(

The CTR was a compromise from true Type R into modern car packages - this is the next level, Type R is now just a badge without soul. :(

I reckon they should bring back the VTI badge for this "car" keep the Type R for what it allways has stood for (and never brand it to anything with an ar*e like that). I mean a Type R with cruise control - Soichiro Honda must be turning in his grave

Honda have lost their heritage, direction and have forgotten what the H stands for. But they are making money and at the end of the day thats all they care about - real shame :cry:

I wonder if we can take them to the trading standards for selling a counterfeit type r :lol:
DC5 stays.
Hope Clarkson slags it then Honda's new potential market will buy the ST and VXR hopefully it will be a short lived version before they bring out a proper Type R. The Golf GTI had about 4 crap versions before they brought out a version as good as the MK1. looks like Honda could be going the same way.

The side shots look pants :cry:

I see they have lost the Type R logo on the side skirts too :!:

Im not taken :?

Nick

Back