• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Is this normal....

Hi,

Ive had a civic for nearly a year now so pretty new to the Red H experience! I have noticed something that may have been there from when I bought it or may not....

Is it normal for there to be a high pitch type tone coming from the engine at about 4-5000 revs just before i-vtec light kicks in? Best way I can describe it is like a small fan spinning really fast or the kind of "electronic" whistle sound a small radio control car would make. I think it is still there after i-vtec starts but gets drowned out a bit. If it is normal what is it that makes the sound?

Also is it normal to hear the petrol moving around when stopping or do I have some air in the tank?

I dont know much about the insides of cars as you all may have gathered :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mate and welcome to the forum. My car has the same noise, its totally normal mate, and you can hear the petrol moving about when stopping, especially just after filling up because the fuel tank is under the front seats!

Back