• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ISO Adaptor - is one required ?

Having read various threads, it seems that an ISO adaptor is needed to convert the Honda socket to an ISO one compatible with an after market head unit. However, my friend who had a type-R said Honda has a ISO type connector as standard. He did buy his car from Belgium whether that makes a difference ?

So what's the deal on this ? is one needed or not ?

Cheers, Lewis

Yep. I needed one when I fitted my Kenwood DVD.

Yes you do.

lewisy said:
my friend who had a type-R said Honda has a ISO type connector as standard. He did buy his car from Belgium whether that makes a difference ?

The CTR for mainland europe doesn't use an OEM h/u, IIRC they fit aftermarket ones at the dealers. So thats why it'll have an ISO plug. :wink:

Neily03 said:
Yes you do.

lewisy said:
my friend who had a type-R said Honda has a ISO type connector as standard. He did buy his car from Belgium whether that makes a difference ?

The CTR for mainland europe doesn't use an OEM h/u, IIRC they fit aftermarket ones at the dealers. So thats why it'll have an ISO plug. :wink:

Thanks for that, i wondered why he was adament about it.

Back