• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ITG advice

Right guys need some help I have read almost every post about all the top inductions for CTR & have come up with this order
1. GruppeM Obvious I know
2. AEM Cai
3. ITG Maxogen
Now am i right in putting the ITG there & lets just say there was no gruppeM & the AEM didnt exsist Would any of u guys go with the ITG I have read the mahooosive group test on the kits & although the ITG got a slagging off its performance was just behind gruppeM & i mean right behind it & showed good increase in torque & like gruppeM should be even better on th road. I know that gruppeM is king & if i want every ounce of performance out the car Thats the 1 to go for or the Cai But ITG has the advantage of fitting like a glove & easy to clean & again im sure the performance is more or less right up there with the daddys Or am i wrong :?
The reason i post this is not much is said about the ITG. I have been thinking about enclosed induction for a while now But only want to do if will be a real step up from AEMV2 which i still rate highly. I like the sound of torque increase which these enclosed kits seem to be very good at.
I also know that there are loads more kits including BMC & icebox & loads of others but the ITG has caught my eye. Any ITG users out there that can recommend?

I had a test run with the ITG fitted and I felt it was a positive step up from the stock box. 8)

The noise was not a major factor - it was a quiet induction kit when compared to my AEM and previously, Blitz. The whole package is enjoyable but I prefer the sound of open cone growl. :twisted:

I know what u mean & my car performed well with the V2 on a dyno So not really sure I want to change for the sake of a few HP & bit more torque :? I hate induction :lol:

kei-racer said:
I know what u mean & my car performed well with the V2 on a dyno So not really sure I want to change for the sake of a few HP & bit more torque :? I hate induction :lol:

Have an AEM V1 - nice!!!!! :twisted:

kei-racer said:

How was the fan positioned on the dyno ? and was the bonnet open or closed when the run was done ?

Carl

bonnet closed But i do have a open vent in my bonnet. The fan was quite small to be honest & was started late just before my car started its run. So my fan on car was already on as just drove 30 miles to get there & went straight on :cry: engine was bloody hot :cry:

From standard to the ITG, the car pulled better, also noticed a healthy gain in Torque through the gears, before hitting VTEC aswell, highly recomended.
Not too loud aswell, ( hate loud filters as they sound like the kiddies in their Saxo's all K&N'd up! )

Im with Kei racer on this the ITG catches my attention and im toying with this over the AEM CAI V1 - altho I do like the noise the open cones make, im just not 100% on the water issues even tho 99% of people says its fine. Its p*ssing it down up here and if my car didnt vtec the next day or felt sluggish I would regret buying the AEM.

So really as Milano Chris will testify :roll: :lol: The gruppe m is the onyl one to give peice of mind from being closed induction and also the growl I want due to the scoop.

So in conclusion - Chris can I have urs for £200 :p

TerryCTR said:
Im with Kei racer on this the ITG catches my attention and im toying with this over the AEM CAI V1 - altho I do like the noise the open cones make, im just not 100% on the water issues even tho 99% of people says its fine. Its p*ssing it down up here and if my car didnt vtec the next day or felt sluggish I would regret buying the AEM.

So really as Milano Chris will testify :roll: :lol: The gruppe m is the onyl one to give peice of mind from being closed induction and also the growl I want due to the scoop.

So in conclusion - Chris can I have urs for £200 :p

If it would fit on the EP3 then yes :p

Mines the DC5 version and it is a different shape :wink:

I'm really happy with my ITG. There is a definate increase in torque at around 3k + feels stronger in Vtec, not by loads, but it is noticeable. It also looks the dangly's under the bonnet - better than any other filter I have seen :D

Superfli said:
It also looks the dangly's under the bonnet - better than any other filter I have seen :D

You're right there mate :twisted:

Here is the one I have in the Teg 8)

dsc00332cc6.jpg

Back