• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Itg maxogen breather pipe lost

I was checking my oil level today and the breather pipe from my itg has vanished! The plastic joiner in the itg metal pipe has gone as well, any idea where I can get another one? Will any universal one fit? Or will I have to contact itg direct for spare parts?

Any help would be great, I don't fancy it taking in unfiltered air for too long!

Cheers, Mark.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Just a 3" piece of silicone tube would do the job, I'd be willing to bet that most garages will have some lying around.

OR, get an oil catch can for extra JDMs.

I think I'll leave the catch can! Any idea what size pipe? I need to find something to join it to the maxogen end as well, like a double ender if you will... I work in a garage so I'll have a look at what I can make. I was hoping to buy a new one for a tenner to be honest!

Oh sorry, I just read that you've lost the plastic grommet too. I would definitely check inside the intake pipe for that! You don't want that rattling around in there. Not at all.

I'll have a look at mine tomorrow and see what it all looks like, to get a better idea of how to bodge it.

I've heard of this happening on replicas, but not genuine. Is the breather pipe ITG?

It must be gone with the pipe. In the metal pipe is a rubber sort of grommet that the plastic adaptor fit into. I vaguely remember taking the complete pipe and adaptor off to do the clutch, but that was a long time ago! Shame the car doesn't have under trays! I'll have to make something up to sort it. I've emailed itg to see if they will help in the meantime, but I'm not hopefull!

That's a balls. Check ITG's site, I remember there used to be a replacement parts/filters catalogue on there.

If I don't have any luck from them I'll email a supplier. I'll make something up in the mean time! I was only just starting to consider changing it for a teg m as well! Thanks for the help fellas.

Itg got back to me, I've sent them a picture and better description of what I need. Hopefully they can sort me one out. I'll keep this updated in case anyone else needs to source one.

That's a massive help! Thanks for sorting that. I'll wait for them to come back and then send them those 2 pics if needed. I should be able to make something with the help of those pics. Nice job, thank you.

Itg got back to me, they do the pipe for the best part of £30 plus vat! Ouch. Think I'll make something up from of cuts at work! If I find an easy solution I'll post details! Thanks for the help so far.

Back