• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ITG Maxogen instead of Gruppe M/Tegiwa

well i dont know, every car is different, i had old oil and spark plugs which may or may not have contributed, but also mine is a prefacelift with 197 standard, the facelift is i believe 201 or something like that, but like i said every car is different, there are others with higher gains with the same settup. Also, my cold air feed is not in the best location

Where is your cold air feed? From pictures it seems to normally go past the battery and take from the wheel arch, I think.

yea mine is going past the battery and down to the wheel arch, but the feed pipe they give you is not very long, and just points at the hole of the wheel arch and because the pipe is one of those coiled pipe things, i have to keep pushing it back into the hole cause it recoils. Mine is also quite old and to be honest i think i could do a better job by buying some better, longer ducting and extending it a little. Also, the pipe they give you, thins out as it passes the battery which im sure can't benefit it at all, so probably relocating the batter is another better option

well i dont know, every car is different, i had old oil and spark plugs which may or may not have contributed, but also mine is a prefacelift with 197 standard, the facelift is i believe 201 or something like that, but like i said every car is different, there are others with higher gains with the same settup. Also, my cold air feed is not in the best location

Facelift is still 197hp on book figures.

really?? but with a lighter flywheel and faster 0-60 times i thought it was higher break :S also a thing to remember is just by adding an intake you wont add much if fact adding any other mods wont really add you much without kpro thats when the gains can really be seen :D

Hello Guys,
I can get hold of an ITG Maxogen for a good price and was considering getting it. I understand that the Gruppe M is the best but the ITG Maxogen requires no scuttle panel cutting and is less noisy.
Anyone have any opinion on the ITG? I've read the PDF and it gets a good write up, just wondering if I'm making a mistake by not going the Gruppe M route?

Cheers,
CSB

How much?

How much?

About 180

With regard to the cold air intake, i was looking down the gap by the arch and there doesnt seem to be that big a hole for air, what makes this location better than stock drawing in from the front grill?

Last edited by a moderator:
im not sure if it's any better, just its away from engine heat, the flaw with mine is that my feed doesn't quite reach into the hole, but stops just before, im trying to find better ways to get a better feed with this kit and that is where this kit is not necessarily the best in my opinion. Although it gives a nice deep growl, and decent gains, im kind of stumped to get the best cold air feed :S the hondata mod maybe an option if you did want to use the stock airbox and grill as a feed

Well I can always upgrade to a GM/TM if the Maxogen doesn't cut the mustard. Anyone in the Oxfordshire area that can help with this in return for some beer?

£180 for an ITG is a good price providing it's in good condition.

One thing I will say, is that the carbon isn't as thick as that of the Gruppe M, though it's still strong.

Other than integrity does thickness really matter?
I'm willing to buy a Tegiwa (the ridiculous price of GM makes this infeasible) if this falls through just dubious about cutting the panel.

Just get the ITG, it's a great piece of kit, I don't understand why you would consider the Tegiwa when you have said multiple times that you don't want to cut the panel?

Just get the ITG, it's a great piece of kit, I don't understand why you would consider the Tegiwa when you have said multiple times that you don't want to cut the panel?

Because I'm indecisive and easily swayed by pretty things. :( It's not a matter of not wanting to cut the panel, it's a question of my ability to cut the panel well enough.

I can see how deciding the intake on your car is a life decision.

beautiful, did you get the cold air feed nicely down the hole ??

I think so, i crammed it pretty solidly down there. Vtec changeover is more audible, no real noticeble power gain - but you wouldnt expect to I inagine.

Anyone thinking about doing this but worried about their skill, don't! This was easy!

Back