• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ITG Maxogen vs. AEM v2 ep3

Hi, I'm weighing up these two intakes for my ep3. Anyone has experience of both?
I'm being told different things by different people. Heatsoak on the v2 from most people, then a tuning company telling me the ITG is restrictive, when everything I'm reading online says it's second only to the gruppe/tegiwa m.
Could anyone shed any light?
Thanks
Adam

V2 is only affected by heatsoak when sat in traffic. I know this as I had one along with a Scangauge that measures allsorts, including intake temperature. It sounds awesome though, and if you don't spend most of your journeys in traffic then it's fine.

ITG is a good design, and is affected less by sitting about with the engine on as it's a closed filter design. This also means it's quieter.

Depends what you want from it really, if you're purely going for function then go for the ITG.

I'm swaying toward the ITG as I'm not in it for the noise (the fact that it's quiet is a big bonus) and have no plans to go full out with the bolts on mods. Possible a PRC and Hondata/remap to compliment the intake and my nonres mid pipe.

Ive ran a k and n apollo on this car and it felt like it ran abit lumpy and was super quiet no louder than stock took it off after a week and sold it!
Ive ran a k&n typhoon on my old type r similar to aem v2, summer days pulling off from lights was abit of hesitiaion but once your rolling they are ok again loud! if your all out for power and sound the Tegiwa M which i currenty run I would say gives you best of both but at the highest cost. Worth it in my opinion but if you dont like vtec crossover sound this one isnt for you!

I used to run a ITG Maxogen. Made 240bhp with supporting mods. Fits good and not too noisy. Now run Injen CAI which is the best out there for gains.

Back