• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ITG replacement filter

Ah apologies, I remembered you talking about the ITG a while ago, and i'd presumed you'd finally bought one!

Ah apologies, I remembered you talking about the ITG a while ago, and i'd presumed you'd finally bought one!

That would have maked sence :) However, I can't justify spending over 400£ on a carbon box, a stupid tube and a filter... even with the Euro being strong again, making it attractive buying in the UK.

Instead, I just ordered 10 square meters of fibre glass on ebay, my mate can get his hands on some epoxy/resin and we'll make a box ourselves. I have a pretty good idea how to make one, got all the dimensions of the "real one". I was even thinking of also making a battery relocation kit and putting the airbox where the battery is, giving it a benefit from sucking air straight from the grille ...

I still dont know what filter is used in the real one, but I'll go for the JC60/67 as this has 2.75" tubing (standard size), making it easy to work with.
...We'll start making one 1st week of November (got some free days from work then :) )...

Hey EarthSlug,
Good to hear you're trying things yourself and making your own box!
I just received a second hand ITG Maxogen from ebay. It has a spare filter (in VGC) with it which I'd be willing to sell to you if you're interested? Don't really need 2! Let me know.

You mentioned you were stating work in November - Let us know how it's gone!!

Cheers

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh ok, no worries.

Looks good - as long as that fibre glass doesn't start breaking down for whatever reason?! Will be interested to see what kind of sound it makes..

Good luck and enjoy your holiday!

Back