• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ITR!

I've recently brought a CTR, though i've spent last half hour drooling over the few tegs in the car's for sale section :twisted: makes me wish i brought one of them instead! :x though with me only being 20, i suppose insurance wouldn't be to clever would it? lol. think i'm goning to stick with my CTR afterall! :D

Insurance wouldn't be nice at all mate - although no harm in calling a few companies just to check :wink: :lol:

thing is i've just got CTR as of yesterday and wouldn't dream of changing that soon, though definately would consider it as a next car maybe, got to be in white aswell! can i ask how much you pay insurance

Insurance varies from person to person depending on where you live. Some people pay less, some people pay about the same and then you have the unlucky ones (most of us) like me that end up paying more.

Best bet is to call some companies, though most won't touch you at that age.

i'm guessing most of you who own tegs on here are over 21 then? is one of the main reasons being that its an import at all?

All Jap imports are automatically placed into group 20. I'm 24, but I have more money then sense :oops: :lol:

tell me about it, what have you had now then? 2 red civics and your black integra? its a dam shame about your car, maybe getting rid like.

Had a Beetle first, got rid and bought a Fez 1.4. Then got my first CTR.

2004 mate, Insurance was about £1000, but that was in Germany and it's massivly different.

MilanoChris said:
All Jap imports are automatically placed into group 20. I'm 24, but I have more money then sense :oops: :lol:

Spend some of that money on spelling lessons. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Insurance is very touch and go, but it depends on age/location etc.

I'm 26 in south wales - and mines at £640 (7yrs ncb)

I had an Evo 6 at 23 and the cost was £1500 - with 4 years ncb (also group 20).

You'll be looking at very close (if not over) the £2k mark for the teg to be honest - although stick with the CTR for a years or two, cracking car and you won't get bored of it for a while 8)

Welsh-Rich said:
Insurance is very touch and go, but it depends on age/location etc.

I'm 26 in south wales - and mines at £640 (7yrs ncb)

I had an Evo 6 at 23 and the cost was £1500 - with 4 years ncb (also group 20).

You'll be looking at very close (if not over) the £2k mark for the teg to be honest - although stick with the CTR for a years or two, cracking car and you won't get bored of it for a while 8)

Might have to do some quotes on a DC5 and see what I get back, anything around £600 would be good. 8)

Chief said:
Might have to do some quotes on a DC5 and see what I get back, anything around £600 would be good. 8)

Keep playing a-plan & Adrian Flux off each other and it will drop by a fair bit :wink:

Welsh-Rich said:
Chief said:

Keep playing a-plan & Adrian Flux off each other and it will drop by a fair bit :wink:

I tried Adrian Flux after I had got my Greenlight quote but they came back £100 more expensive, Greenlight was under £600. 8)

i pay £1600 tpft on my uk dc2 teg.. im 21 wiv no no claims bonus and one claim....

i think its quite fair really.....

Scousefella said:
MilanoChris said:

Spend some of that money on spelling lessons. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:smt017

Back