• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CH1 It's here....

Hello folks

Well, My ATR has arrived. It actually arrived on Tuesday, but i've been too busy to write anything. It's an impressive piece of engineering, that's for sure. It's quiet and refined, and reasonably comfortable despite its firm suspension and firmer seats. The stereo is good, and everything works well and is easy to use in true Honda style. It also feels imperious, like it could crush anything else on the road. I think i've driven it about 100 miles, and most of that was on the motorway bringing it home, so i haven't really scratched the surface of what it's about. I get the impression it has huge reserves of talent, but i want to learn it slowly. I'm not instantly in love either, yet, but then i'm still mourning my Teg a bit, cos it was such a great car yet had that human quality of feeling a bit fragile, even though it wasn't. The ATR feels like a laser-guided bank vault in comparison, but it's not cold and detatched, like an Audi, purely cos it's so involving. It was described by Car magazine(my bible)shortly after its launch as "a chariot of the Gods", and i can see why, cos pulling out of a garage earlier i felt utterly omnipotent. And sensations like that don't normally come along, well, ever .

Pics to follow

Kind regards

Marge

You have a fine car Marge - I am sure you will miss the Teg but the ATR will win a place in your heart. 8) :twisted:

Hey marge nice one, don't like it too much other wise your beat will get jealous :)

Well done marge, glad you like it :D *awaits pics*

Little Legs said:
nice one marge 8)

TJ on here feels utterly impotent as well :shock: :lol: :wink:

I would if the wife had her way :x :lol:
No one's gona cut my V-Power tubes :twisted: :p

Finally got some pics taken, more available to view in the garage.
Apologies to garypaul over the Audi thing. No offence meant, but i've driven dozens of cars over the years and the ATR has more feedback than a Led Zep gig. To AliA, I'll probably still love my Beat when it's long gone. Hopefully see you at the Kingsbury do at the end of October. To everyone else, my ATR is a fabulous car, and i'm really glad i got it!

Regards

Marge

marge602 said:
Apologies to garypaul over the Audi thing. No offence meant, but i've driven dozens of cars over the years and the ATR has more feedback than a Led Zep gig.

No offence taken in the slightest, I was only joking. :D

Blimey! Had a complete mare uploading pics to the garage, but it's done now. Results of first fuel economy test are in - 29 mpg, which ain't too bad given that i have new car syndrome, and a 200+bhp VTEC! Have done over 250 miles this weekend and i have to say that i love it. It's just so....taut. All its suspension movements are so well damped and controlled, and it just flows down the road. It is a fine motor indeed.

Regards

Marge

Back