• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jack's PY K20 EK9

Great work what you done so far mate I wish I had the knowledge to be able to take my engine out :(
Keep it up

Nice build. This is my plan to do next year. Still trying to find a good example EK9 for the swap.

How was the swap? Pretty straight forward? I'm no mechanic, but I'm a fitter in a factory so pretty handy with a spanner.

Cheers guys :). It could be running better as its mapped to run without a cat and 2 lamda sensors in so it should be much better tomorrow.

Nice build. This is my plan to do next year. Still trying to find a good example EK9 for the swap.
How was the swap? Pretty straight forward? I'm no mechanic, but I'm a fitter in a factory so pretty handy with a spanner.

This shell isn't great. Its needs new back arches, doors and a respray but it was the only yellow one for sale at the time so I bit the bullet. I'm a fitter in a factory to so I started with the basic mechanical knowledge. I found it o.k even doing it all on my drive. Although I bought my own engine crane so that made the whole thing much easier. Just do your research and you won't go wrong :)

Cheers guys :). It could be running better as its mapped to run without a cat and 2 lamda sensors in so it should be much better tomorrow.

This shell isn't great. Its needs new back arches, doors and a respray but it was the only yellow one for sale at the time so I bit the bullet. I'm a fitter in a factory to so I started with the basic mechanical knowledge. I found it o.k even doing it all on my drive. Although I bought my own engine crane so that made the whole thing much easier. Just do your research and you won't go wrong :)

Cheers for that. I've got two mechanic mates I can drag in from time to time to help.

So I had the car on the road for 2 days then this happened to the big end bearings on cylinder number 3...

photo-2.jpg

Gutted isn't the word. It was a mixture of not enough oil in (even though there was still quite a bit or a possible blocked pick up pipe). So I took the engine out and took it to the local garage I use. He removed the crank and sent it off to Lancaster engines who took a month to lighten and balance the crank and regrind the new bearing (after ordering the wrong ones twice). When the crank and bearings came back the big end bearing couldn't be seated so it turns out I need a new conrod as well :(. So I decided to buy a complete K24A3 and go ahead with a K20/K24 build. Which should hopefully be ready in the next few weeks :)

Awesome project. Bad luck though.

At least all the hard work is done, engine swap relatively easy now.

Cheers guys. Yeah it'll be easy enough to put the engine back in its just frustrating waiting on people and parts to turn up!

Back