• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jaf's Milano Red EP3

Jaf

Hi, thought it would be best to make a members car's thread for my car.

This is my 2003 Milano Red Honda Civic EP3. Bought it completely standard (except from an induction kit). This is my second car and I don't plan to do anything major, just fix a few things and keep it looking clean!

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

Mandatory snow foam!
DSC_0111.jpg

Iron Remover on the wheels
DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

Old Induction Kit:
DSC_0089.jpg

Now replaced with the OEM air box. Looks much better imo
DSC_0119.jpg

Next thing is installing Facelift Type-R seats. Got these off of a friend who is splitting his Type-R rep, a lot less worn than mine.
DSC_0125.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Car looks clean mate love it.

I bought an EP3 recently too. Everything was standard apart from the K&n typhoon induction kit. Absolutely dislike it. Sounds good when VTEC kicks in. But sitting in traffic the noise is not nice. And I definitely feel a loss in power, because I've driven my mates completely standard civic and it feels better. I will be buying a new OEM air box too. How much did you get yours for and from where?

Car looks clean mate love it.

I bought an EP3 recently too. Everything was standard apart from the K&n typhoon induction kit. Absolutely dislike it. Sounds good when VTEC kicks in. But sitting in traffic the noise is not nice. And I definitely feel a loss in power, because I've driven my mates completely standard civic and it feels better. I will be buying a new OEM air box too. How much did you get yours for and from where?

The other thing I didn't like about the cone was the hiss you get when you turn off the engine, made it sound broken. I hear there is meant to be a flat spot with some induction kits and I believe that was the case with mine. No proof ***. I got mine second hand off of ebay, all in it was around £50 including the full airbox, pipe to the inlet manifold, scoop to the front bumper, all mounting brackets, new-ish filter etc. There are some cheaper ones out there so if you can wait you may get one cheaper.

Facelift seats are in:

DSC_0143.jpg

Also couldn't resist this while the seat was out... I think it might catch on #weightsaving

DSC_0142.jpg

The other thing I didn't like about the cone was the hiss you get when you turn off the engine, made it sound broken. I hear there is meant to be a flat spot with some induction kits and I believe that was the case with mine. No proof ***. I got mine second hand off of ebay, all in it was around £50 including the full airbox, pipe to the inlet manifold, scoop to the front bumper, all mounting brackets, new-ish filter etc. There are some cheaper ones out there so if you can wait you may get one cheaper.

I have to agree with you on the hiss sound as well. I have been looking on eBay, found all the parts (complete air box, pipe to manifold, scoop to bumper and the bracket). Some don't come with the bolt/s that hold the bracket to the gear box and to the air box. So i'm not sure how many bolts/what types of bolts are needed, could you help me there?

The facelift seats look really good too, goes well with car's colour. If I can find a clean complete interior I will go for it. Should work well with the NHB

I have to agree with you on the hiss sound as well. I have been looking on eBay, found all the parts (complete air box, pipe to manifold, scoop to bumper and the bracket). Some don't come with the bolt/s that hold the bracket to the gear box and to the air box. So i'm not sure how many bolts/what types of bolts are needed, could you help me there?

The facelift seats look really good too, goes well with car's colour. If I can find a clean complete interior I will go for it. Should work well with the NHB

2 bolts and a nut hold the airbox in place. The top left one is a thread on the mount that the airbox slides onto, the other two are bolts that thread into the car.

Right hand side bolt (long bolt that reaches from the top of airbox to the threaded hole below it):
DSC_0144.jpg

Left bolt (normal bolt):
DSC_0146.jpg

Left thread (nut) (top left on the airbox):
DSC_0147.jpg

Hope that makes sense. :)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

2 bolts and a nut hold the airbox in place. The top left one is a thread on the mount that the airbox slides onto, the other two are bolts that thread into the car.

Right hand side bolt (long bolt that reaches from the top of airbox to the threaded hole below it):
DSC_0144.jpg

Left bolt (normal bolt):
DSC_0146.jpg

Left thread (nut) (top left on the airbox):
DSC_0147.jpg

Hope that makes sense. :)

Thanks for the help and for going to the trouble of uploading the pictures. Turns out I have the clamp. It is on the gearbox. So now all I need is the box, the two pipes and the screws. I've seen a few on eBay, so I will be ordering something soon. Do you know if the hondata air box mod is any good

Nice,looks really clean pal! Still red too :D

Thanks! Some parts have some fade but not bad for its age

Thanks for the help and for going to the trouble of uploading the pictures. Turns out I have the clamp. It is on the gearbox. So now all I need is the box, the two pipes and the screws. I've seen a few on eBay, so I will be ordering something soon. Do you know if the hondata air box mod is any good

No problem, anytime! That sounds like what I had, my airbox had the bolts so it was just a matter of removing the old and refitting the original parts.

I haven't looked into that mod so I couldn't say. If you find out anything let me know :)

Had a week off work so spent some time working on the car. First up were my faded old center caps. I re-painted them and applied new H stickers which has brung them back to 100%. Also painted the Brake Calipers and at the same time my loving girlfriend cleaned and waxed my wheels :D.

Finally I spent some time cleaning the car. Started with the usual Foam wash then sponge then a passover with a Clay Bar. Used AutoGlym SRP polish which I think bring some of the Red back to it, followed by some Nanolex Spray Sealant. The wheels didn't need any work due to them already being waxed. I love the end result! ;)

DSC_0238.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

DSC_0241.jpg

The wheels look super clean and mint. The first spec of brake dust you see clean it off lol. My alloys are in desperate need of a refurb.

The yellow calipers look proper good. Goes well

The wheels look super clean and mint. The first spec of brake dust you see clean it off lol. My alloys are in desperate need of a refurb.

The yellow calipers look proper good. Goes well

Thanks! I plan to get the wheels refurbed eventually in Anthracite/Metallic Dark Grey. Yeah I know exactly what you mean, cleaning them everyday now!

Looking good mate, I like the yellow claipers also

Cheers!

Back