• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

James' Milano EP3 - Attempt 2!

Hello everyone! Just picked up my 2nd Type R! first one didnt end well with an engine failure due to a chain tensioner! anyway 6 months later and i decided a Milano Red 53 plate with 83K on it was a good idea!

Here is my only picture so far

Photo is weird as the door looks a different colour but i assure you it isnt. only paint work that needs seeing to is a bit on the boot thats "Milano pink" Im fitting a Tegiwa intake on saturday and maybe a genuine Spoon N1. i may go for Infinity exhaust not sure *** so if anyone has had both or one any info would be appreciated! i will get some more pictures tomorrow and a good clean!

looks nice, if I had to buy another ep3 it would be in milano. love the colour. I may sell my Spoon N1 soon if you are interested (spoon N1 and custom silenced centre section). Ive only had it on the car for about 2000miles but its too loud for the amount of driving i do.

Yeah I love the NHB as well but I have already had one so thought I'd get red. Ahh right I'm looking for something quiet as well ** be doing a lot of early morning drives to work, so don't wanna **** the neighbours off! Plus a loud exhaust first thing in the morning isn't fun!

*A little update*

So start with the bad.. well stupid... Friend was driving my car, i jumped in the back while he was moving to grab loose bottles as they were behind him, and as i was climbing back into the front he put the brakes on as a joke... a little to hard and i flew from the back into the front hitting my front window and it broke...

Lesson learn on that one not to be a idiot.

Now the good, got a Tegiwa intake yesterday and fitted it! the noise difference is amazing even with a standard exhaust!!!

Also gave it a wash with some snow foam!

Some other random shots

Yeah..... Always best to keep belted up when its moving fella lol expensive lesson, hope your friend is helping out with that.

Good shout with the Tegiwa induction kit and a good 5-10 bhp to boot. Milano's always look best after a good polish and wax.

Yeah lesson learnt! im playing the waiting game to see if he will come to me about it but so far nothing lol.... Yeah love the noise of it, im gonna go for a respray i think the boots to far gone :/

I'd still give it a go, you might be surprised. I had an old BMW in red, it took some work but it was gleaming when I finished. Try some metallic T-Cut (silver bottle) then bring it back with a decent polish and wax. cheaper than a respray or at least an improvement until you can get it done.

ahh cheers for that ben ** go grab some next weekend and give it a go! (Y) working nights this week for the first time in my life so i dont know if ** be human enough in the day! aha. what wax did you use?

I'm a big fan of Meguiars, They have a 3 step cut, polish and wax but if your paint is bad I'd use that t cut then use Meguiars steps 2 polish and 3 wax. Use plenty of elbow grease with that t cut and have some good micro fiber towels for buffing it off. Remember before and after pics.

I'm a big fan of Meguiars, They have a 3 step cut, polish and wax but if your paint is bad I'd use that t cut then use Meguiars steps 2 polish and 3 wax. Use plenty of elbow grease with that t cut and have some good micro fiber towels for buffing it off. Remember before and after pics.

Awesome man, thanks for that! also do you use a machine polisher or hand?

the more time you spend on it, the better the job. do stages, one panel at a time.

My insta has a pic of my red 1993 BMW 520 mtech, it had 250000 miles on the clock and was pink when i got it. t3mple82.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, talk about learning a lesson the hard way! I hope your mate helped pay for it.

I bought a cheap and cheerful Silverline machine polisher on ebay, it's worth it's weight in gold. As above, don't go nuts! I do it gently and very timidly, after two routine polishes it's made a huge difference to the paint. If you want to restore it by hand be prepared for a new understanding of lactic acid. I once spent a day restoring the red paint on an old MG by hand, I would sooner nail my happysack to a fence post than do that again.

I know it's not one of your options, but i went ahead and got an HKS HI POWER 409 exhaust about 6 months ago. Not loud, not quiet, just right. Couldn't be happier. Hope that helps :)

Back