• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

JamesT's Facelift DC5 - Kakimoto exhaust & Bilstein coilovers fitted

Everyone comes back to VTEC...and I'm no different.

How is everyone?

I've been driving a new Ibiza Cupra for the past year but it doesn't have the character or charisma of a Honda. It's very fast for a 1.4 and the DSG was a nice novelty to start with. VAG cars are just a bit watered down and bland.

So, this is on it's way for me; ETA mid September :D Goodbye Cupra!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers fellas.

Loxy - see you went to a scoob, now back to Vtec! What were your reasons?

Nice man. I want one of these next I think! Lovely. How much was she if you don't mind me asking? Stats etc.

Nice man. I want one of these next I think! Lovely. How much was she if you don't mind me asking? Stats etc.

Its factory original. Was a Honda Japan car auction. 10k on the road after the IVA etc. Waiting for the duty & vat bill from the shipping agent now!

Cheers fellas.

Loxy - see you went to a scoob, now back to Vtec! What were your reasons?

It wasn't really that much fun unless you were sliding it round roundabouts or doing silly speeds down country lanes.

Just a bit too good at what it did if you know what I mean? You can feel like a hero with VTEC and not be doing prison speeds. I got rid before I lost my licence or put it through a hedge backwards, on fire...

Looks tidy that James.

Do you still have your conacts for bits or are you going to leave this stock?

Yeah I've still got my account open in Japan and still sell the odd bits and pieces.

I'll be doing just the bare essentials to this car.... (trying to convince myself!)

S15R still sat around the £10k mark then? Love JDM, no depreciation in value!

Here's some more pics of the DC5, I've spotted a few niggles already (Recaro bolster / kerbed wheel / scrape on rear lip) but will get sorted once in the country -

S15R still sat around the £10k mark then? Love JDM, no depreciation in value!

To import one in the same condition/mileage it would be around £11.5k but I've reduced mine to £10k ono.
Unfortunatley its a buyers market on them.

To import one in the same condition/mileage it would be around £11.5k but I've reduced mine to £10k ono.
Unfortunatley its a buyers market on them.

How long has it been up for sale for? My belief is that there is always someone, somewhere who wants it...just hasn't found you yet!

looks nice. When will she be arriving?

Docking into Southampton mid September. Then pay the fees. Then needs the usual stuff for making it road worthy for UK roads, and then obviously IVA'd.

I imagine I'll have it on the road start of October. These two months are going to go so slow!

How long has it been up for sale for? My belief is that there is always someone, somewhere who wants it...just hasn't found you yet!

Docking into Southampton mid September. Then pay the fees. Then needs the usual stuff for making it road worthy for UK roads, and then obviously IVA'd.

I imagine I'll have it on the road start of October. These two months are going to go so slow!

Yep thats going to feel like a long wait mate. Be worth it though

Looks nice. Bolster is an easy fix as is the wheel. What are you going to do with the rear splitter? Looks like it may need painting which is a pain.

Looks nice. Bolster is an easy fix as is the wheel. What are you going to do with the rear splitter? Looks like it may need painting which is a pain.

You're right Chris. I'll see how 'rough' the scrape is and see if a touch up will sort it, but unlikely.

So will take it to M.G. Cannon in Salisbury for paint as they've been decent for me in the past.

Back