• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

JamesT's Facelift DC5 - Kakimoto exhaust & Bilstein coilovers fitted

So I've got it home - amazing. I've had EP3s and JDM DC2s in the past and it feels great to be back. Arse is a bit sore from the recaros though haha!

Gearknob needed a refurb -

DSC_0050_zpsuklwlwbm.jpg

So a bit of a sand and a polish and it's now like this -

DSC_0052_zpsergokxi6.jpg

Also, pulled out about a tonne of JDM tat. The navi headunit, and about 3 miles of cable, ETC sensors, TV aerials, controller boxes, connectors, you name it - it was in there. Fitted a new double din head unit which I had waiting for it (pics tomorrow!)

Also fitted the parcel shelf I had ready for it as well.

Started raining and getting dark before I could do anything else, more updates to come! Love this thing!

So this weekend I gave the car its first bath.

Then after a foam, wash, dcon, clay, polish, glaze, sealant and wax - here's the finished product, all nice and protected for our sh*tty winter coming.

You only really get to 'know' about the car after you've given it the first clean.

Turns out the car is in really good nick, not a single car park dent, no scratches, minimal swirls. Apart from the interior, the Japanese fellow who owned it previously must have smoked about 60 a day, so the interior has had a big scrub, but still need to go a bit further with that as the roof lining and a pillar trim have changed colour.......!

Looks all good

I'm itching to get one but nothing on the auctions at the min

Oh really? Torque GT got nothing coming over at the moment? What spec/age DC5 are you after?

Looks stunning

Is it easy to get replacement rooflining?

Probably not fella, might drop Integrastella a line to see what he has. We pulled the rubber seal away from the a pillar trim as well and the colour difference was crazy. I swear the Japanese just smoke for fun!

I'm after a low mileage clean facelift in black or blue.

Im using Andy at 200bhp (JM Imports). Keeping an eye on their auctions but there's been nothing really

Ah fair enough - good luck with that. I do love the blue facelifts!

Don't think I could own another NHB Honda though (It is NHB on the FL DC5 isn't it?), after my Premier EP3, no matter how well I cleaned and polished it, look at it in direct sunlight and I wanted to jump off a cliff :lol:

Ah fair enough - good luck with that. I do love the blue facelifts!

Don't think I could own another NHB Honda though (It is NHB on the FL DC5 isn't it?), after my Premier EP3, no matter how well I cleaned and polished it, look at it in direct sunlight and I wanted to jump off a cliff :lol:

I believe it is NHB.

I don't mind black as ive had enough cars and have enough Autobrite stuff to keep them clean. Ive got 2 black cars on the drive now :lol:
Wouldn't mind a blue one though as it would be different.

I did see a white one but i missed out on is as it would of been £13.5k OTR. It had the Mondulo (sp) kit and Work wheels, not surprisingly it was snapped up.

Looking good Jdm Turbs, we shall have to go for a blat around the plains sometime

️Dotty

I believe it is NHB.

I don't mind black as ive had enough cars and have enough Autobrite stuff to keep them clean. Ive got 2 black cars on the drive now :lol:
Wouldn't mind a blue one though as it would be different.

I did see a white one but i missed out on is as it would of been £13.5k OTR. It had the Mondulo (sp) kit and Work wheels, not surprisingly it was snapped up.

Black cars are awesome as long as sun isn't shining directly on them IMO. Most rewarding vs elbow grease. I saw a CW FL at Torque GT when I was picking mine up, it had the Modulo kit on it, but I'm really not a fan. Much prefer the Mugen lip kit.

Looking good Jdm Turbs, we shall have to go for a blat around the plains sometime

️Dotty

Sounds good mate - never really thought about going over there for a hoon!

Black cars are awesome as long as sun isn't shining directly on them IMO. Most rewarding vs elbow grease. I saw a CW FL at Torque GT when I was picking mine up, it had the Modulo kit on it, but I'm really not a fan. Much prefer the Mugen lip kit.

I like the Mugen lip kit.

If i find a nice clean white one with mods, i'll probably take a punt at it but really want blue / black or even red

I know some great routes, haven't been round that way since I left the army but I'll remember the roads once I'm there (around Rollestone camp)

This looks amazing James.
Pleased it is living up to your expectations! :cool:
Nice to have no dents.

I'm sure the headlining will come up ok with a proper deep clean.
Maybe a decent cleaner like Gtechniq W2, or Megs APC - I'm sure you have something in mind.

Love these cars

I know some great routes, haven't been round that way since I left the army but I'll remember the roads once I'm there (around Rollestone camp)

Let's do this! I'm sure JDM Raven would be game also. Rollestone camp is 10 mins away from my work in Chitterne!

I'm sure the headlining will come up ok with a proper deep clean.
Maybe a decent cleaner like Gtechniq W2, or Megs APC - I'm sure you have something in mind.

I've been throwing everything at it from my arsenal -

Nothing's touched it yet - the A pillars are a joke, will get a picture up to show what I'm dealing with!

Kent - but comes over to the west country to visit now and then. He'll be here in a couple of weeks actually...

Back