• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jamie's CW Pre-Facelift EK9

Now then guys and girls. (Prepare for a long winded read ;))

After a while of debating wether or not to sell my dc2 i finally gave up the keys and bought myself something a little different. I was actually in line to buy a jdm ep3, which i was completley gutted about when my mate decided to keep it until he is back from duty in afghan (but hey ho), i will have to wait till october until i get another shot a buying it.

When the sale of the ep3 fell through i still had it in my head that i wanted to change car. So after have a think about what i wanted i came across the ek9, which i had fell in love with a few years back, but was unable to insure it, but one quick phone call to the insurance changed that straight away. So thats when I came across one that duncan from fastjapcars.com had one for sale and i knew i had to have it. Even though it was quite a journey to get it, i knew him off ek9.org and knew he was a reputable seller. So after having a few phone calls with him and bombarding him with pm's, we agreed a day that i could come down and view it.

Even though it is down on power and torque compared to the teg, i think it makes up for it where the '9' is lighter.

Car is standard as it now apart from:twisted:

Fujitsubo RMO1A Cat Back Exhaust
Spoon Resevoir Socks
Skunk2 Rad Cap
Momo Race Steering Wheel
Apline Tweeters mounted in the doors

Future Plans:

Standard Steering Wheel
Fast Road Set Up
Spoon SW388 Wheels (i know just a jdm branded version of rota slipsteams, but i want jdm points:p)
Lower Seat Rails (dc2) or buddyclub)
Fresh Front and Rear 'H' Emblems
Dyno Run to get an i dea of fiigures

Anyway i will stop rambling on now and show you some pics:

20120317_155013.jpg

20120317_155003.jpg

20120317_154939.jpg

20120317_154930.jpg

20120317_154952.jpg

Thanks for reading, all comments welcome and more pics will be put up when she has had a good detailing.

Jamie :)

That looks fantastic Jamie. I thought you might have had something in the pipeline, due to your post in another thread.

Do you have any plans for her?

Are you still coming down for this Southport meet? Would very much like to have good look around your new purchase. :)

That looks fantastic Jamie. I thought you might have had something in the pipeline, due to your post in another thread.

Do you have any plans for her?

Are you still coming down for this Southport meet? Would very much like to have good look around your new purchase. :)

Cheers hippy, yea mentioned to you at jae that im tempted by them.

Future Plans:

Standard Steering Wheel
Fast Road Set Up
Spoon SW388 Wheels (i know just a jdm branded version of rota slipsteams, but i want jdm points:p)
Lower Seat Rails (dc2) or buddyclub)
Fresh Front and Rear 'H' Emblems
Dyno Run to get an idea of figures

I'm still coming down to the southport meet, will be good to have a chat again :smt023

A Small Pic Update 31/3/12:

Seeing as the weather turned out for the better today, i decided i would tackle a job that i have been putting off for ages and was really srtarting to bug me.

I know it's not the most important job to do, but i really had to clean all the crap off from under the bonnet. After two hours of non stop scrubbing and cleaning i got it into a condition where i was happier with it. It's only half the job now as i'am planning out breaking out the polish and make it gleeeeeeeming :smt112.

This is the product i used (Cheap and cheerful stuff from the ebay)
images.jpg

Comparison of the dirty and clean halves
20120331_182243.jpg

Closer View
20120331_182215.jpg

Stage 1 Complete
20120331_184104.jpg

20120331_184059.jpg

JDM Stickerage
20120331_184207.jpg

Cheeky Engine Bay Pic
20120331_184113.jpg

20120331_184119.jpg

After i have completed the under bonnet and happy with it, then next will be the whole of the engine bay to have a good going over.

Thanks For looking :smt023

Looks like you need some new spoon radiator stays...... just so happens i have some up for sale later on this week ;)

Update 7/4/12:

Seeing as we are lucky enough not to have the hose pipe ban up here in northern country :smt047, i thought it might be an idea to break out the old bucket and sponge and give the car a good going over in time for the southport meet next week.

Firstly i just gave her the usual wash down and dried her off. I then tread into new territory and into the world of the clay bar, which i must say is alot easier than i thought, as long as the clay and areas being done are well lubricated, then there is nothing to worry about and the results will be wuite astonishing.

Being a bit of a noob to the whole detailing side of things and a virgin clay bar user i was quite worried about sratching the paint, but i feel it has turned out alright. Sadly i didnt get round to polishing and waxing her as i had run out of time for the day, but i will get that done at some point.

Check out the pics below and feel free to comment, i'm always up for learning :smt023.

Meguiars Clay Bar Kit I Used:
meguiars-quik-clay-kit-md.jpg

Not As Much Dirt As I Thought There Would Be
20120407_154131.jpg

How The Car Is Looking Now

20120407_163528.jpg

20120407_163416.jpg

20120407_163425.jpg

20120407_163445.jpg

20120407_163453.jpg

20120407_163509.jpg

Interior Needs A Good Clean Aswell:
20120407_163607.jpg

RMO1A OOOOOH The Noise :twisted:
20120407_163621.jpg

There are a couple of urgent jobs that i really really need to get sorted out like the pink 'H' badges, hopefully i will get them next week and also the headlights will need changing, because if any of you eagle eyed spotters will have realised, they are in fact ek4 headlights, i have no idea why they have been put on, but the they are definetley coming off.

Thanks

So nice.

Would love to own one of these one day. I don't think I will though :(

There used to be a bod on the various boards called Tegboy - his EK9 really got me set on them - here's one of my favourite pics:

tegboy_ek9_blog.jpg

So nice.

Would love to own one of these one day. I don't think I will though :(

There used to be a bod on the various boards called Tegboy - his EK9 really got me set on them - here's one of my favourite pics:

tegboy_ek9_blog.jpg

Jealous much, sooooo much inspiration.

Why no '9' for you sun?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an epic car ain't it? So clean, so simple. Built from the ground up.. Much inspiration indeed. Stick at it. Your plans sound good - and you have a well-kept example from your pictures.

It's an epic car ain't it? So clean, so simple. Built from the ground up.. Much inspiration indeed. Stick at it. Your plans sound good - and you have a well-kept example from your pictures.

Cheers sun, any chance you can source me a thread for this car? much appreciated if you could

Yeah man. You a member of Civiclife?

If not, why not? :D You need to be on there for the fact that it focusses very much on 4th/5th/6th gen Honda Civics. Epic site for inspiration. Also, you won't be able to access the build threads - which is what that site is all about, unless you're a member. :)

Here's Tegboys build all the same. The cars a fcking demon:

http://www.civiclife.net/board/topic/19251-ground-up-ek9-build/page__fromsearch__1

Took the words right out of my mouth... civiclife is where this should be. lots and lots of information on 4th, 5th and 6th gen as said above.

Car is stunning mate, i really wanted one but decided on the EP3 instead.

plans sound good too. I would replace the front badge along the way it looks pretty faded to me.

Keep the updates coming ill be watching this.

p.s your display picture is WIN, epic meal time is hillarious.

Back