• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Japspeed 4-1. Any good?

HI GUYS N GALS,

JUST PURCHASED A JAPSPEED 4-1 MANIFOLD FOR MY EP3, DIDN'T REALLY THINK TO ASK BEFORE I BOUGHT, BUT ARE THESE ANY GOOD? POWER/TORQUE GAINS? IS THE EML LIKELY TO COME ON?

WOULDN'T HAVE THOUGHT SO AS o2 SENSORS ARE BEFORE AND AFTER CAR, AM I RIGHT?

ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED

CHEERS

TONY

You won't really get much gains without a remap, a remap is key to getting performance out of a race manifold.

The EML will come on if you're removing the cat unless you've got a k100/KPro or an O2 simulator

And press your caps lock key

Last edited by a moderator:
Caps_Lock.jpg

HI GUYS N GALS,

JUST PURCHASED A JAPSPEED 4-1 MANIFOLD FOR MY EP3, DIDN'T REALLY THINK TO ASK BEFORE I BOUGHT, BUT ARE THESE ANY GOOD? POWER/TORQUE GAINS? IS THE EML LIKELY TO COME ON?

WOULDN'T HAVE THOUGHT SO AS o2 SENSORS ARE BEFORE AND AFTER CAR, AM I RIGHT?

ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED

CHEERS

TONY

My ears explode mate!! No caps lock please :)

Anyway, I can't comment on the power gains as I've never had a Japspeed manifold.

However, I can tell you:
*you WILL need an O2 sim.
*CEL will come on without O2 sim.
>>> The one AFTER the CAT! :)
*Use "L" shape as a straight "I" shape will leave u cutting ur heatshield to make room for it (as with mine)
*You WILL gain some power, unlike many will tell you, but gains are no greater than 5BHP, however, your car will become alot more responsive in vtec, I assure you...
*You'll love the sound, it's like it's meant to be driven on K20's!

Now, please do us a favour, do you have any pics of it? Japspeed was my first choise, but read too many bad things about it, so I went for DC sports, I don't wan't to scare you, it's probably a great buy for the buck witch decent power increases...
... just make sure to fit ENERGY SUSPENSION engine mounts to loosen the stress on the flex, as it's a weak link in the chain...

My ears explode mate!! No caps lock please :)

Anyway, I can't comment on the power gains as I've never had a Japspeed manifold.

However, I can tell you:
*you WILL need an O2 sim.
*CEL will come on without O2 sim.
>>> The one AFTER the CAT! :)
*Use "L" shape as a straight "I" shape will leave u cutting ur heatshield to make room for it (as with mine)
*You WILL gain some power, unlike many will tell you, but gains are no greater than 5BHP, however, your car will become alot more responsive in vtec, I assure you...
*You'll love the sound, it's like it's meant to be driven on K20's!

Now, please do us a favour, do you have any pics of it? Japspeed was my first choise, but read too many bad things about it, so I went for DC sports, I don't wan't to scare you, it's probably a great buy for the buck witch decent power increases...
... just make sure to fit ENERGY SUSPENSION engine mounts to loosen the stress on the flex, as it's a weak link in the chain...

cheers for the comments and sarcasm guys. Even though i cannot see the pic you have posted milano chris, i can imagine its a picture of the caps lock key, great touch thanks. Earth slug, thank you. I would've just fitted what i have got with it otherwise, i will order bracket soon as i can and mounts. I will try and get a picture uploaded soon as I can.

Even though i have seen a few posts and you have stated it too, i can't see why the eml will come on. The o2 sensor are still receiving the gas flow... or is it because of the increased flow? confused! I'll get the bits required and bang it on and see, will order o2 sim if neccessary, I'm not saying you're lying but I like to prove things to myself. haha.

thanks again chaps

... or is it because of the increased flow? confused! I'll get the bits required and bang it on and see, will order o2 sim if neccessary, I'm not saying you're lying but I like to prove things to myself. haha.

thanks again chaps

??
The primary O2 takes care of injection regulation, A/F rates and stuff, the second however, the one we're talking about reads if the emissions are not off the chart, what actually will be when making it decat.
The thing costs less than 30£, can't see a reason why not to fit it now...

Thing is if your light does come on, there is a chanse, your car will enter safe mode, I'm not saying that will happen, it's even unlikely but it can make your CTR run like crap, wishing you've bought a 3cilinder diesel instead of a CTR :)
Now if that's the case, you'll be forced into a garage, clearing your EML fault codes, and then... it will come on again... and again...

So my advice:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Universal-Ang...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43a6b24e2b
And I'd press the "buy now" button as soon as you read this, or find a cheaper one on the net, but I wouldn't go riding around without...

It's all up to you, but 30£ are worth it I'd say.

As for the ES inserts, I'd order them right away without proving to yourself if the manifold cracks or not

its a great mani! is it the 1 pice or 2? if its a 1 then you have to drop the anti roll bar out of the way to fit it
fitted 1 to my bros ep3 and made him a custom cat back masive power increse! well needless to say spins in 2nd and was stuck to a focus rs bumper running 315bhp
ep3 has hks intake and this mani and custom 21/2" cat back

its a one piece, debating whether to do that de-cat and piggy back unit??? hmmmm i'll see what its like after a map.

:D

Back