• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

japspeed de-cat and manifold

hi, first of all i de-cated my car and used a japseed de-cat.. felt the power gain instantly it was great.. so i thought i mite aswelll put a manifold on, so i bought a japspeed header and connected to the de-cat.. so basically its going 4-1 straight, once i had this on i noticed a power loss low down n also it lacked response when i put my foot down compared to when i just had the de-cat on???

I was wondering how this has happend, thought a manifold would give more power but the complete opposite??? im thinking of putting the original manifold back on or shall i leave it as i am going to get a hondata k100 tune done soon??

your comments would be much appreciated thanks

You should be very careful as your car will probably be running very lean if that's all you have done.

Get it remapped as soon as possible before you melt your pistons.

It's your wallet, but it would be cheaper to ask on here before trying experiments. The knock light is not enabled on the standard EP3.

If you haven't the dosh to do the mapping asap, put it back.

Seano

thanks mate.. what do you mean by standard ep3 it's a type r do they not detect knocking??

i've had it on for about 500 miles and i was going to get a remap done around end of october just waiting on some dosh..??

Also if i put the orginal manifold back on and get a map done with that will it still give good gains?? cheers

You connected a jap speed header to a de-cat? I thought the Jap speed header was the de-cat just like my DC sports racing manifold. :confused::confused::confused:
I did 1500 miles or so before adding K-pro but it wasn't good practise at all.

lol no i had a japspeed de-cat down pipe.. then added the japspeed header sorry to confuse you.. so i'm ok for the moment to run the car.. i'm trying not to rally it too much lol

hi i have just put a japspeed de cat on the car and the light comes up when the engine is warm i was told it needs a lambda spacer or something but there are two lambda sensors can anyone help ???????

You need a k100 or kpro to get the car tuned, running optimally and the light turned off.

You connected a jap speed header to a de-cat? I thought the Jap speed header was the de-cat just like my DC sports racing manifold. :confused::confused::confused:
I did 1500 miles or so before adding K-pro but it wasn't good practise at all.

Its the shorty manifold 4-1

807.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The short manifold is crap!!! I fitted one and Eurospec said mine car lost power and it sounds horrible!! Getting it taken off next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The short manifold is crap!!! I fitted one and Eurospec said mine car lost power and it sounds horrible!! Getting it taken off next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Dave-T just was searching for advice on Japspeed mani & sports cat. I came across your feed & i'm slightly worried as I've bought a Jaspeed 4-1 manifold as picture above to partner with Japspeed's hi flow sport cat. Does this mani really sound horrible!? Do you have a video or clip of the exhaust sound? If you habe would be mega good to hear. If its horrible & lose power then will have to consider other options.
Cheers mate,
Marko

Also how much are we talking for either k100 or Kpro setup? I was planning a remap before xmas. Is k100 or Kpro only way to remap for gains & to make sure dont melt anything. Ie. pistons!!! :confused:

Back