• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Japspeed Manifold & High Flow Sports Cat with Sportex B-Pipe...

Hey all, wondering if anyone has currently or has replaced the above combination with OEM rear box. Im replacing mine on Friday and looking to see what noise they produce. I have searched for video's on youtube but only came across a dc5 with a race tube setup.

If anybody on here has the above on ctr or knows any videos around to sample the sound would be brilliant!

Cheers,

Marko

I had that set up (minus the sports cat) and it was silly loud. Since replaced with silenced B-pipe and it's much better. I would guess the sports cat will give a similar effect to the silencer?

No videos though dude, sorry.

Thanks for the feedback guys, very helpful! Ive opted for the in-silenced sportex pipe, purely because previously I had a header & hks hi flow catback setup and was loud but had a deep tone to it. I heard people say that the japspeed manifold will cause a loss of power. Have you experienced this with your ctr?

Also to add im keeping the OEM backbox on hoping keeps the decibels down! Ha

The Japspeed manifold shouldn't lose power over stock but it's design being a 'stumpy' manifold doesn't make gains as big as the 4-1 manifolds, such as, DC Sports etc.

Aftermarket catbacks do tend to vibrate in the wet on these cars.

Back