• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

JDM EP3 Mystery Wires

Hi all,

Cleaning my interior today and decided to take some pictures of the mystery wires/plugs I had been meaning to ask about.

Any ideas as to what they might be?

The 1st one is behind the ashtray and the 2nd one is above the driver side footwell, just behind the housing for the slide out cup holder.

Thanks

031de819a191bd40ac39f7e7ee375d2a.jpg
136ca383680668d7ff9fdd2e367e5986.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Chances are the EP1, EP2, EP3 and EP4 share the same wiring loom or are very similar. Depending on spec level there maybe unused plugs and wiring on some models. As long as everything is working, I wouldn't worry.

Chances are the EP1, EP2, EP3 and EP4 share the same wiring loom or are very similar. Depending on spec level there maybe unused plugs and wiring on some models. As long as everything is working, I wouldn't worry.
Is pretty standard on most cars. I'm sure I've seen the same plugs loose in mine.

Its for the ejector seat, it was a optional extra on early models

Nah I have that option installed for when the Mrs starts moaning

The yellow wire seems out of place to me. I'm going to test it for 12v output as I have a suspicion it's the power for the Japanese ETC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back