• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

JDM EP3 revs dropping and coming back

from what i can see my car has:

Sports cat
Cat back
Air filter

i noticed its got a cheap/aftermarket lambda sensor one that sits furthest back from engine.

problem is: whilst car is at running temp the revs drop and come back throughout the rev range and gear range.

it also does it whilst parked up rev it to any revs hold it there and itl drop by 2-300 revs then come back up and itl do this all the time with like 5 second intervals

im thinking eitha cheap 2nd lambda sensor or the sports cat or both?

also the jdm civics use the dc5 sensors so maybe last owner did not know?

i changed the plugs all my coil packs are fine as tried them in mates car.

only code i get up is p1167 i think it was? 02 heater?

anyone

I would remove the sport cat and cheapo sensor and fit the standard 2-1 down pipe and purchase a proper Honda sensor, the cheap sensors are CHEAP for a reason. :D

lol i guessed the sensor would be rubbish, its the type you have to cut and join the wires.

so ** need a DC5 cat or a JDM ep3 cat correct ?

This is the one you want (primary 02 sensor)

photo-8.jpg

photo2.jpg

hi dotty, fitted the cat and honda sensors and still the same, i had my ecu cleared of any faults and it only had the o2 sensor fault stored.

its hard to explain....it idles great no drop or increase in revs. its when you you rev it or drive it you can feel it dropping down revs then going again then dipping again and so on...

im thinking fuel filter? but what one is used in the jdm ep3? no other fault codes come up at all? but the revs dipping happens all the time not only when the eml comes on ?

i do have a good understandind on cars as i built my own track ibiza cupra running 440bhp on a gt30 turbo. its just this problem has got me beaten lol

Back