• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

JDM Wind Deflectors PROBLEM !!

hi all ive had my JDM deflectors a while now this weekend ive taken them off for the 3rd time as the sticky 2 sided tape that you stick them down with has dried and and started coming loose from the point closest to the back of the car...

has anyone had this problem or have any solutions or is this a thing i have to put up with ?

I believe 3m double sided tape is held in high regard for keeping them on, someone on here bought a roll of it but couldn't say how much it was, still meant to be good stuff though. Hope this helps, or try searching '3m tape' using the search funtction and I'm sure you'll find something :D

Scott

Also thoroughly degrease the door frame.

This. Was going to say when you put the new stuff on make sure the door frame is thouroughly clean and degreased otherwise it wont stick as good as it should. Might of been the problem when you first fit them?

Degrease the deflectors :rolleyes:

The deflectors are a shiny plastic and it's fact that shiny is bad for adhesion. Try keying the area of the deflectors with scotch brite or a fine sand paper.

Back