• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jermal's DC5... Now Dat C250 AMG

Hatton now featuring on my car, I have purchased the stickers but im not good with end dates hence put "HATTON" in top right of windscreen as he did on his car :)

DC5 is sweet Tony, I remember the day you went up with Ben he was just as excited as you were getting it!

Tone, is the drain holes still working then? Did you not think of using a wiring grommet in the hole? Or even a blanking grommet with hole in, just to make sure nothing can get up and in?

Can't wait to get a DC5 now, they look soooooooooooooooooooo good.

Mike the drain holes are only about 5mm in diameter. There is no way anything is going to get inside from the outside.

Grommets would be useless as they would inevitably mean there would be a lip on them, meaning the water wouldn't drain completely ( the drain holes need to be at the lowest point of the boot.

TBH I haven't checked them for a bit, but hopefully the touch up paint I used to seal the exposed metal is protecting it. Even if it's not, it's still better than a boot full of water which will slowly rust the hole boot rather than two small holes.

Hole%20cut%20in%20boot.JPG

Hole boot.

Mike the drain holes are only about 5mm in diameter. There is no way anything is going to get inside from the outside.

Grommets would be useless as they would inevitably mean there would be a lip on them, meaning the water wouldn't drain completely ( the drain holes need to be at the lowest point of the boot.

TBH I haven't checked them for a bit, but hopefully the touch up paint I used to seal the exposed metal is protecting it. Even if it's not, it's still better than a boot full of water which will slowly rust the hole boot rather than two small holes.

And :lol::lol::lol: it's not me! It's holecutinboot.jpg! Never mind, eh...

I'm sure they'll be queuing up to buy it!

If I hadn't just bought a civic I'd have considered buying it back off you! lol :)

Back