• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jimbo's 92 Eunos Roadster

1992 Eunos Roadster 1.6

I wasn't going to do a build thread for this, as I was just going to use it for a summer blast then buy something new (ish)

I have decided its a keeper. Plans are turbo next year if it survives the winter.

Had 3 ep3's now this is my 3rd 5. Two uk specs 1.6 and 1.8 but my first import and the 1.6 import is so much better than the Uk 1.6

Car covered 179000 kilometers - 111000 miles so only just run in (not bad for 26 years) Came into the UK in 2001

Electric windows which is nice (take about 4 mins to go down currently, just need grease I think)

Few bits done so far:

Welded diff :lol::smt054

Mk2.5 seats

Mk2.5 mohair roof with glass screen

Extremely rare 1st release SE model wheels, only 200 sets ever made

Lowered 15mm on cheap coil overs with FRSU

Driftworks deep dish steering wheel and D1 spec slim boss (not overstretching arms with seat all the way back now, much nicer to drive with)

Zilla life - Death Tune weighted gear knob

New battery, oil, cam belt, usual full service bits

Car is very clean rust wise, now re under sealed for winter, just need to spray plenty of Dinitrol cavity wax into the sills to give me more peace of mid.

New clear headlights and sidelights with flash to pass mod.

Rear light modified so reverse on drivers side is now rear fog.

Air con removed approx 20kg weight loss

Cobalt cat back 2.25" tubing

Miltek De-cat pipe

Offset 9x7" number plate

Small duckwing spoiler (wrapped in carbon, but going to paint match this)

Stainless steel dash accessories with custom lighting
Chrome toggle switches

Next in line to do:

Go as low as my drive will allow me to

Wheel bearing as its now groaning

Replacement discs and pads. (bought but not fitted)
Not upgrading to the 1.8 size discs as the brakes lock up very easily, the bigger discs would help heat dissipation but never had a problem with fade,
Might be an option with turbo next year and track plans.

GCfabrications Roll bar, this one still allows glass rear window and works with hard tops.
Also manufactured from MSA specified cold drawn seamless CDS tube
Safety first children :rolleyes:

Sparco sprint seats in black

Slim quick release boss so I can get in and out of new seats

F1 style carbon fibre wing mirrors (bought but not fitted)

Turbo and stage 4 comp clutch! If i survive the winter should see me at approx 240-250bhp

Front splitter

Leather Tonneau (bought second hand, just needs a clean for next summer)

Rear bumper cut and possible diffuser

Carbon fibre BGW which I know I will mostly get serious hate for, but fvck it why not

Black hardtop (still on the hunt now for one I dont have to travel half way across the country for for)

Anyway less of the boring and some of my small selection of current pics:

672ac788-7aa2-4ff7-b668-5c688a9d256d-original.jpg

before:
29b6c2fd-d793-487f-b286-79a861ff2dcd-original.jpg

after:
0e3ef385-70fc-43a9-81c2-100cf758bc05-original.jpg

awful steering wheel from previous owner:
8c0e73df-f3a3-477f-b38c-62ba3c25eacb-original.jpg

new wheel (the horn button supplied wouldn't fit with the boss, so dug out an old Momo one from the garage for now:
bfab4025-62f4-4f17-a2a7-3bc862017da9-original.jpg

Roll bar on order:
d0c7446d-dc6f-499f-8532-5dc6821e89e7-original.jpg

These are the wing mirrors I have to fit, except I have the carbon ones:
bc7145d0-3b96-417a-aff2-83a826bfb404-original.jpg

This was the BGW I was thinking of adding around the time of turbo:
$_86.JPG

Love to hear opinions on it, positive & negative. I guess if going for a BGW might as well do it right

GOD DAMN MASSIVE IMAGES SORRY!

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome plans dude. I love that car, Louie the owner is a real nice guy who does some really cool DIY mods. I think after new year, i'll be on the search, possibly for a MK3 though.

Love it mate. Always wanted one of these but ended up with other things.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Awesome plans dude. I love that car, Louie the owner is a real nice guy who does some really cool DIY mods. I think after new year, i'll be on the search, possibly for a MK3 though.

Only image ive found with the japspeed wing and his cars also in the best colour :lol:
I wouldnt get away with that splitter and my drive though :(
Have to watch out on the mk3s for rust now too :eek:

Love it mate. Always wanted one of these but ended up with other things.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Something about them that keeps bringing me back. Like the ep3

although not sure I can go back to FWD for a long while
otherwise i would be buying this and having big plans:
https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/...ivic-1995-Harvard-Blue-33k-**New-Price-£2-500

being sideways is too much fun

Last edited by a moderator:
Love it, love them. DO NOT love BGWs and cambertarded wheels though. Wheels are shweeeeeeet!

Love it, love them. DO NOT love BGWs and cambertarded wheels though. Wheels are shweeeeeeet!

I have never really been a fan of the wings, but thinking of going full retard ricer fast & furious on this (wing wise), although may or may not happen yet though, currently at the yes stage

The wheels will need better tyres on, as I can spin them dry with normal tyre pressure with 115bhp (great for sliding though)

I love the wheels being OEM, rare and having dish to them.

They were originally polished from factory like below:

SE%20_Spec.jpg

This is Lewi's IG dude, well worth a look to see his build. @captainlewi He does some really cool stuff with that little car. I think he's possibly one of the few DIY turbo builders that hasn't put the head through the bonnet and turned the lump into a pile of scrap on the side of a road :lol:

A decent DIY job is easy if you research it very well, but it's always best to get a decent map on a good ECU whatever the build. After looking at Lewi's car again, i'm thinking I may skip the NC and go for an NA instead :lol: I'd love a Smurf Blue ;)

Oh and as for the windows being slow, it's usually the regulators gone, cheap and cheerful fix bud. Ebay for the parts, door panels off, swap regs, panels back on, SIMPLES!! ;)

Oh and as for the windows being slow, it's usually the regulators gone, cheap and cheerful fix bud. Ebay for the parts, door panels off, swap regs, panels back on, SIMPLES!! ;)

Window still go up and down ok just slow, the regs were replaced 16 months ago.
Some white lithium grease along the runners after a quick clean should do the trick

Love the wing.

In truth I'd probably laugh at it if I saw it on the road, but it does sort of go with the rest of the look.

Oh man this makes me miss my NA Eunos 1.8!

Love the wheels as well, really rare!

Smurf blue centres, polished lips. I reckon that would look great :cool:

I was thinking about doing something with the wheels, but worried the fact they are painted is hiding some metal filler on the lip.

As they were polished out of the factory, over all those years they are bound to have had surface pitting (will sand/polish out) and surely someone must have curbed them.

but my thoughts were similar..

Polished lips (maybe black if they have lip filler)

Then smurf blue (mariner blue) type hydrodip like below:

Va-Hydro-Designs-Wheel-370x191.jpg

Back