• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

You mean apart from spending hours stripping everything behind the front seats and ordering Brides from Japan?

Jokes.

Yeah I found a car upholsterer that was, amazingly, just around the corner from my new house. I spent nearly an hour stealing ideas and techniques from him, before I realised that this was actually quite a difficult thing to do, and that he has far more skill, talent and experience than me. So perhaps a joint project between myself and TrimWorkshops...

I'm not interested it what has come out I'm interested in what your making up to put in. :)

Sounds good.

Hours? To strip the rear of the interior, sounds like you've been having to many coffee breaks mate :)

Very much so bud, I was savouring the experience. A good strip should always be slow to ensure full appreciation.

The plan at the moment is to effectively make a lighter than oem two-seater estate. The foam normally used for seats (whatever it's called) will be used to sculpt the sides and arches to a smooth shape, then the sides covered in alcantara, the extended boot floor covered in oem-style carpet. Black with red stitching throughout.

In essence, racecar for the road, just as it was always supposed to be.

nice car buddy !

loads of good raod up in the highlands, go up there alot for the weekend. best road ever if you haven't been applecross mountain pass ! oofft ! what a road !

nice car buddy !

loads of good raod up in the highlands, go up there alot for the weekend. best road ever if you haven't been applecross mountain pass ! oofft ! what a road !

Cheers mate!

I've left the highlands for Glasgow a couple months ago, I do miss the quiet roads. Applecross is brilliant, right up there in my top ten. I've got a soft spot for a lot of the roads around Aviemore, it's where I cut my teeth. Have you tried Glencoe and Kinlochleven?

Cheers mate!

I've left the highlands for Glasgow a couple months ago, I do miss the quiet roads. Applecross is brilliant, right up there in my top ten. I've got a soft spot for a lot of the roads around Aviemore, it's where I cut my teeth. Have you tried Glencoe and Kinlochleven?

Yeah been down that way too did a wee road trip with few mates started at aberdeen via lecht to inverness then down to fort wiliam to glen coe then back up towards skye and apple cross anr round back to inverness to then finish back in aberdeen. HAD to be done ! and to be honest it was so fun im planning it again this year ;)

Yeah been down that way too did a wee road trip with few mates started at aberdeen via lecht to inverness then down to fort wiliam to glen coe then back up towards skye and apple cross anr round back to inverness to then finish back in aberdeen. HAD to be done ! and to be honest it was so fun im planning it again this year ;)

'kin ell mate, that's quite a drive! Did you do it all in one day?! If I spent that long in my car I think I'd be deaf and maimed by the end of the day. In fact, I'd probably still be reverberating several days later.

Cool thread Jim! Had a few chuckles reading this! Some really good pics you've taken too. Love the blue wheels and looking forward to seeing the brides go in!

Thanks mate!

I'm really excited about the new seat too (I could only afford one :noseblow:), I ordered it 4 weeks ago today, so it will hopefully be here in another 4 weeks. I've already started saving for another one to match, but harnesses + bar and exhaust have come first.

I currently have five piggybanks with pictures of the part I want on each, everyday pennies go in whichever one I want most on that particular day.

1 bride is better than none at all.. :) And good things come to those who wait.. Or those who have 5 piggybanks lol! I might have to adopt this idea though as I've over spent as well the last couple of months!

Back