• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Joe's New 2004 Black Civic EP3

Hi Guys,

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and New years, this isn't an update on my Page but I thought id let ever one know I am still here, unfortunately 2013 wasn't a very good year for me having loose my job and having to find a smaller place to live so there hasn't been any changes on my CTR yet as unfortunately bills and paying off other thing have to come first, also another bad thing is because I am now having to travel to places were I can find work I have put on a rather large amount of miles (well more than I wanted to do a year) the mileage as of today 14/01/14 sits @ 90635, I wanted to average approx. 6-8k at least I am not going to go over the 12500 before February so it keep the history as that's my main priority on this car,

on the plus side here is a few goodies which will be going on the car very soon and I will update as to then they are going in,

I got some Recaros for Christams from the ATR cant wait to fit these how ever I only have the drivers DC5 seat rail which is how you fit these to the EP3's, I also brought a Password JDM Tow hook and LUKE Tow strap which I will also have fitted in the next few days, and I also brought some Red LED strip lights and Fuse Holders my plans for those is to put them onto the underside of the doors and wire them into the Interior light so when you open the doors they illuminate when this is done I will update pics of how I wired them also so you can see its been wired properly and not fudged in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe's 2004 Black Civic EP3

NEW UPDATE!

sorry guys its been a long long time since i have updated my forum there has been quiet a few changes so lots of pics on the way happy reading :)

15/1/2014 mileage 90635

Tow hook and tow strap fitted, pretty straight foward to install both of them so here is some pics fitted

also fitted the same day was my ATR Recaros, i thought i would get a cheeky pic from the behind showing off the center console,
if any one is intrested in fitting them i used the DC5 Rails which there is a very good guide on here for fitting them so thanks for that guide how ever i dont like the fact i used like 30 washers to bridge the gap between the rail and the floor so i am going to get 2 ally blocks made up and i will polish them up

UPDATE since fitting these i have absoutly love them accept im not to keen on the fact you have to manually wind the seats to get people into the back plus i want Red Recaros, so i think i may have to find a mint condition DC2 pair or buy a set of recaro Speeds (if any one has any pics of the dc2 seats in there ep3 please show me :D )

8/2/2014 mileage 91216

bad times my car sounded bad and i had a blow on my exhaust which i was aware about as it was an advisory on my MOT that the join on the center section to the back box had curroded so i brought a M2 pro spec style back box as it was absoutly mint

here is a pic of the joint and also a pic of my tempory fix untill i source a new center section i dont have any pics of the exhaust but i will take some soon

8/3/2014 Mileage 91981

this isnt much of an amazing update but my type R badge was looking worn on the R and plus i HATE chrome so both badges had to go and looking on fleabay for bits and bobs i come across this sticking and decided to fit it (i know you can still see the outlines of the old badges and also lots of swirl marks, just never got around to detailing while i was taking this pic)

4/4/2014 mileage 92661

right i came across a bargin on a Honda sales page on Facebook a brand new 2.5" stainless steel silenced center section and a cat for £100 (i didnt bother taking a pic of the Cat as this is a kind of boring pic)

i didnt fancy attempting to fit from axel stands so a crate of organic cider later and tadaaa i have a ramp to work under so i fitted the center section but not the cat i will probally remove the platimun from it and sell it or the other idea is to remove the platimun from it and then use it as a Decat but this being my daily driver i dont want to be modifying it too much (fuels bad enouth)

24/4/2014 mileage mileage 93101

i have decided to take my car off the road at the end of the month when the tax and mot is due for a month as i want to service the car befor i tax and mot it but its still not stopped me from doing little odds and sods to it,
i had some spare 4mm vaccuum line left so i decided to cut a slit down it and cover my brake lines, iv had loads of positive comments about it from a distant looks really good

also fitted was Skunk2 washers which i brought from the same lad as i brought the Tow hook and strap from, and also brought a new battery tie only a cheapy from ebay but looks good, i also decided to give the engine bay a good clean i even went to the extreams of removing the battery and tray and cleaning under that

29/4/2014 mileage -93689

right car comes of the road so perfect time to finally fit the Strip LEDs to the underside of the doors and wire them into the interior lights,

i struggled to find a guide on how to wire into the interior lights so i removed the interior light and spend about a hr testing that and the door pin then i finally found the cables i was looking for the pic below is the plug you need to wire into it is located near the drivers door under the dashboard

if you are thinking of fitting LED and want them to work and dim with your interior light then this is the plug u need to crimp or solder or splice too, because im going to solder and heat shrink to it and it was hard to reach i removed the drivers side piller trim as the cable is routed there and it was a million times easier to work on here is some pics of the wiring and stuff u cant see any of the wires in the car as i routed it throught the door looms and along the OEM loom routs

and here is a pic of the lights in the dark (instagram affects also) i will also get a video of them soon look well good at night time when you open the close the doors,

oh i also fitted new speakers as the same time

SERVICE PART

i treated my car to a service including the valves clearance and coolant being done, i think i got a barging being serviced from Honda all for £250 concidering it was menna be £400 this is how the service stands today

Serviced

13/05/2005 @ 12465
24/05/2006 @ 22732
26/04/2007 @ 29919
13/05/2008 @ 35658
11/05/2009 @ 49428
11/05/2010 @ 52510
******* (Previous owner said the Honda Garage forgot to stamp the book FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE as there is also no paperwork)
09/03/2012 @ 68280
07/02/2013 @ 81000
08/05/2014 @ 93693

there was a few advisories which were picked up on the health check as well,

driver seat adjuster broken ( what they meant was Seat rail loose which was because i didnt insert the clips when fitting the ATR Recaros, i have now fix that issue)
Aux Belt worn,
Rear Disk corroded and pads 15% remain,
both N/S tyers below 1mm O/S rear 2mm remain
balljoint dust cap perrished

15/5/2014 mileage 93697

i brought (swapped my facelift ep3 seats i mean) for a JDM EP3 carpet so i have stripped out the car excluding the dash and cleaned all the dust and gave it a massive wash befor re fitting the interior and new carpet,

carpet befor fitting

here is a poor quality Snapchat pic after i hoovered and yes polished the metal

and another snapchat with the carpet fitted

ok between the 15th and 30th mileage 93697 i have managed to only fit the carpet and front seats here is a pic ;) hmm wonder why

i dunno weather to leave it stripped out and dig the harnesses out from the loft or put it back to how it was hmmm desicions deisions???, however i did clean up all the inerior parts using armorall interior restorer and the plastic has come up lovly and black and i was also thinking about selling the OEM carpet but because is so clean and mint i might keep it and put it back in if i ever come to sell it, i also brought some new rear Stoptech disk and ferodo pads which will be in my forum update

20/06/14 mileage 93697

my stop tech disk and ferrodo pads arrived and it time to fit them i had no rear issues with fitting them how ever once i stripped the brakes down i remembers i had some caliper paint laying around so yes i decided to paint them red,

old vs new

disks fitted to hub

painted calipers (only gave them one coat but well see how they look)

Finished Result

any ways this was a very big update as iv been putting this of for a while and iv been slack on here so thanks for reading people,

FUTURE MODS

• New type r mats COMPLETED
  • Pioneer APPradion2 COMPLETED
  • Window tints
  • Earthing Kit
  • Mugen Oil and rad cap’s
  • HID’s
  • LED lighting all round (interior, plate ect) 20% COMPLETED
  • Leather gear gater COMPLETED
  • DC5 pedals
  • Battery tie COMPLETED
  • Tow strap COMPLETED
  • Prosport EVO LED Gauges (Wideband AFR, Volts, Oil pressure)
  • K&N Typhoon Induction Kit COMPLETED **Additional
  • Wind Deflectors COMPLETED **Additional
  • Accord Type R Recaros COMPLETED **Additional
  • Exhaust and B-pipe Completed **Additional
  • Removal of Honda Badge Completed **additional
  • Stripped interior?!?!? (yes or No)

Joe's 2004 Black Civic EP3

UPDATE!!

hi people I have a few little updates on my EP3 from the weekend thought I would post it as soon as possible before I leave it too long and make a massive update again,

1/11/2014 mileage 96587

I carried out a Gearbox oil changed as my gearbox was starting to grind from 1st to 2nd gear and after reading some posts on here, I saw people recommended an oil change before swapping out the gearbox which makes sense seeing as its the cheaper option, I nipped to the local Honda got a quote for Genuine Gearbox oil and thought WOW that’s expensive so I done what most cheapskates do and I went onto everyone’s favourite social networking site Facebook messaged one of the mechanics there and asked for discount and like the old saying goes "don’t ask, don’t get" I managed to get 2lts of oil for £17 plus some free crush washers, Result! Anyways the oil change was surprisingly easy on a K20 and I also used Molyslip which is amazing Stuff I would highly recommend using it even if your gearbox is in perfect running order

after carrying out my gearbox oil change I was browsing the Honda sales pages on Facebook and come across a chap saying he was picking up a DC2 to Break if anyone was interested (I don’t think the Guy had a Clue how much parts are worth because I asked for a price on the Seats as I have always wanted DC2 seats and he offered me them at pretty reasonable price, I then asked how much without the rails and he then asked me how much do Dc2 rails go for so I said a figure and he gave me a price without rails so I thought result that’s a good deal asked for some pictures, he then messaged me apologizing saying the seats are pretty dirty and sent me some pictures the seats were still pretty good the bolsters were solid and of course dirty so I offered him £200 and he said come collect so I hopped straight into the car and drove to Bristol,

After 278.4 miles round trip I come home with a set of seats and also a pair of Accord Type S alloys with 4 brand new tires

excuse the poor quality photo

2/11/14 Mileage 96872

I started on with cleaning my seats using Wollite which on a YouTube video the chap said this product is Recommended by Recaro and I must say it cleaned them up real nicely,

after they were cleaned I then fitted them to the DC5 rails which I had used for the ATR Recaro I haven’t fitted the Alloys yet as they Still need a Clean plus I have not long put a brand new pair of T1R's on my car and there is no way I’m selling my alloys with those on there

Instagram picture

Anyways I hope you guys enjoy the read and pictures
The Interior of my Car is almost were I want

FUTURE MODS

• type r mats COMPLETED
  • Window tints
  • Earthing Kit
  • HID’s
  • DC5 pedals
  • Battery tie COMPLETED
  • Tow strap COMPLETED
  • K&N Typhoon Induction Kit COMPLETED **Additional
  • Accord Type R Recaros COMPLETED **Additional REMOVED Swaped with DC2 Recaros
  • Accord Type S Alloys ** Additional (not Fitted)

Hi everyone hope you all had a very good Christmas, my car hasn’t the Gearbox decided up the Ghost on 28/12/14 Mileage 98928 so I have just brought her a New one Along with an Exedy OEM Clutch and I also Brought a Tegiwa Engine Torque Damper, also one of my Front Calipers has Started to Seize so I will Refurbish them Replace the Rotors and Pads and I will update when I get them done

Anyways I forgot to update a few days after my previous one so here it is

10/11/14 Mileage 96999

I ended up Buying one of these bad boys a Tegiwa M induction kit which included a silicone intake pipe and silicone Tegiwa Breather (not in Picture) I swapped it for my OEM box with a Spoon Filter,

It was a pretty straight forward install the only reason I didn’t update sooner was because I wanted to get my engine bay clean before taking pictures,
I did say it was pretty straight forward installing it however I did have issues after installing it and obviously wanting to drive the thing I had issues with the car revving, I posted on here and a few guys replied saying it sounds like something is wedged in between the throttle bodies, and I was like it can’t be because I cleaned everything out before installing it and when I did remove the filter part of the plastic rocker cover snapped out and wedged its self in there luckily I got it out before it entered my plenum and caused catastrophic damage

Here is a picture of the culprit here

And here is a picture of it installed which I took today 30/12/14

FUTURE MODS

• type r mats COMPLETED
  • Window tints
  • Earthing Kit
  • HID’s
  • DC5 pedals
  • Battery tie COMPLETED
  • Tow strap COMPLETED
  • K&N Typhoon Induction Kit COMPLETED **Additional REMOVED Swapped with Tegiwa M Induction kit
  • Accord Type S Alloys ** Additional (not Fitted)
  • TEGIWA Engine torque damper ** Additional
  • Exedy Oem Clutch
  • Stripped interior?!?!? (yes or No

Cheers Pete appreciate the comment, after I posted that my Torque damper arrived but I fitted it in the dark so I will update that tomorrow when I get some pics lol

Cheers guys and Yeah the seats did come up pretty good I'm still thinking of getting them propally valleted *** if I ever have the spare cash I will re upholster them but that will be a little way away yet,

Cheers Jim i love the red carpet, I swapped it for my standard ep3 seats and cash my way so kind of got a barging only issue with my one was there was a slit cut for an amp apparently but luckly it's under the passenger seat so it can't be seen, I was going to sell the black carpet but mines so mint Iv decided to keep it in case I put it back in the car ha ha

2/1/15 mileage 98928

Hi Guys as soon as I finished posting my last Update about the Tegiwa Air Filter my Tegiwa Engine Torque Damper finally Arrived, nothing much to it tbh it was a really easy and straigh forward fit, iv not really had much time to play with it as my gear box is still Broken,

Here is a pic of it fitted, (please excuse the really dirty Engine Bay its on my list of things to do)

9/1/15

I finally got around to sorting out my Alloys which I brought a little while back now,
Here is a pic of them I love them so much better than the standard alloys,

Also my Exedy Clutch arrived the other day and I will be getting it Fitted this Tuesday along with my Gear Box with I have spent 3 days now Cleaning, I was thinking of Painting it, but I don’t have the time, and also I have decided to Rebuild my old Box now and fit a LSD to it so whilts that’s stripped I mightsend the casing and bellhousing off to be power coated (but that will be in the Future at some point)

FUTURE MODS

• type r mats COMPLETED
  • Window tints
  • Earthing Kit
  • HID’s
  • DC5 pedals
  • Battery tie COMPLETED
  • Tow strap COMPLETED
  • K&N Typhoon Induction Kit COMPLETED **Additional REMOVED Swapped with Tegiwa M Induction kit
  • Accord Type S Alloys ** Additional
  • Exedy Oem Clutch (not Fitted)

13/01/15 Mileage 99315

Hi Guys just a small update my car had its new gearbox and Exedy clutch fitted and O M G it Feels amazing the gears are silky smooth and the clutch well just amazing ha ha

Here is a pic of the car when it went into the garage, i didnt bother getting one of the gear box fitted but I might open up the old box and get some photos of the damage,

here is a pic of the old clutch, it has seen better days, but i have also seen worse

oh and I also took a pic of the gearbox oil to show I used Genuine Honda Oil (I also wrote the mileage and date behind, but that’s only really for if I sell the car as I got it discounted from my mate who works for honda so I didn’t get a recipt) and like me i always wanna know if what they have said they have used they really have used,

Oh befor I forget the next plan for the car as my front brake is badly binding is to rebuild the front calipers and paint them, buy new Ferodos DS2500 and im going to but some blank disc and get them machine grooved, with a custom pattern, but I wont be showing a pic of the pattern im getting as it’s a secret ;) and also i have only ever seen it on one other car

FUTURE MODS

• type r mats COMPLETED
  • Window tints
  • Earthing Kit
  • HID’s
  • DC5 pedals
  • Battery tie COMPLETED
  • Tow strap COMPLETED
  • Exedy Oem Clutch ** carried out @ 99315 miles

Loving your thread dude; you clearly know your way around a car! Car is looking good you've made a great transformation to it already look forward to seeing what you do next!

Hi Guys

not really an update but a friend of mine unfortunatly has cancer and its not the first time this is the second time hes had it and whats worse is he's only in his 20s, so young so to show my support i have put these stickers on my car, i have seen a fair few people around torbay showing there supoort with these stickers, hes also one of the reasons i got into hondas he's a massive car fan and also a massive Vtec fan there is also a meet for him soon as well any ways fingers crosses he fights it like he did the last time #Teamjordan

also seeing as the weather has been amazing and iv not been enjoying my new clutch and gearbox i decided to go for a drive and a blast here is some pics of the car currently

Loving your thread dude; you clearly know your way around a car! Car is looking good you've made a great transformation to it already look forward to seeing what you do next!

Hi Rich thanks for the comment mate, I am hoping to make a start on the front brakes next Week so Keep an eye out i think a few people will like what im going to do with the disc, I havn't seen what im going on any honda and have only ever seen them on one other car

Hi Guys

30/1/2015 Mileage 99913

first things first check the mileage less than 100 miles and my cars joining the over 100k Club ha ha, its like a birthday for any car, kind of annoying because i atchally do a fair amount of miles in the winter because its too dam cold to ride the motor bike,

anyways a small update, we had a new guy start work with me few weeks ago and hes a honda lover as well, he use to own a Type R but had a addicdent and now he Cant afford the insurance so hes downgraded to a EP2 he was telling me how much he wanted some type R alloys and i told him how much i wanted his Carbon Mugen Grill so after a few weeks of going on he gave in and we Swapped, i wanted to NHB one origionally but im not complaining because its carbon, and the alloys werent going any were fast,

here is some pics of it fitted, please excuse the dirtyness i had my car parked on the road and were it was parked the drain was blocked so the car was parked next to a puddle and other motorists thought it would be funny to drive in the puddle and completly cover my car in dirty water

IMG_0172EDiT_zps20d7b08e.jpg

as for my front brakes at the moment i have come across a set of DC5 Brembos and S200 Disc with almost new pads so im trying to get them cheap if i dont then back to my origional plan

FUTURE MODS

• type r mats COMPLETED
  • Window tints
  • Earthing Kit
  • HID’s
  • DC5 pedals
  • Battery tie COMPLETED
  • Tow strap COMPLETED
  • Mugen carbon grill ** Additional

Hi guys car hit 100k today 3/2/15 which is only just broke in mileage ha ha but anyways i thought i would update about it to keep the forum rolling

20/03/2015 Mileage 101861

small update guys, I've still not fixed my seized front caliper which is really bad of me, this is the top priority on the car now as it isn't just a safety factor for me but for other road users as well ( I am just waiting for a cheque to clear then I will be ordering them asap) anyways I brought a Tegiwa Strut brace for about £30 on Facebook, I was told it would fit with a Tegiwa/ Gruppe M fitted and also with the ETD, however the previous said he had to chop a part of the mount off because he had it fitted to a EP2, anyways I thought barging and brought it, (no photos of when I brought it)

anyways when I received it I realised the part which was chopped was the mounting hole for the ETD, so I took it into work and welded the original ETD mounting plate to the strut brace and grounded the welds flat, here is some pics I also shaved a little notch were the A/C pipe goes as it sat poorly around that I then decided to paint the strut red with calliper paint :D but it's flaking off so I only painted the one lol,

here is a pic of the Strut brace fitted

apart from my front brakes the next job to do is to do a mini wire tuck in the engine bay and fit HID's (I think I have been annoying Greeny on here with the White CTR because I have been asking him loads of question on facebook about his, engine bay and loom tucking ECT he's been a great help anyway mate if you read this Thnks,

FUTURE MODS

• type r mats COMPLETED
  • Window tints
  • Earthing Kit
  • HID’s
  • DC5 pedals
  • Battery tie COMPLETED
  • Tow strap COMPLETED
  • Tegiwa strut brace** Additional

06/04/15 Mileage 102,278

Almost a month too late but finally got around to updating ha ha, I fitted my HID’s, done a little mini wire tuck under the engine bay (but there’s still more to do) and also Steam cleaned behind the Wings bonnet and Side skirts seeing I had to remove them all to get access to the loom, anyways here is a pic of how the car sat over the Easter weekend,

Anyways were to start, first of all I started by unplugging the loom from the passenger side, and identified were all the plugs went, I then stripped all off the old tape and conduit from the loom until it was all single cables, then started planning the layout, ideally I wanted to go behind the wing to completely hide the cables, but I wasn’t feeling to confident having it close to the suspension and other moving parts so I routed through the hole were the gearbox mount bolts here is a picture of the routing when it was also taped up

Here is some various pictures of the loom after the cables have been extended before and after it was tapped up also were I fitted the ballast and also of the soldering, as you can tell from the picture of the soldering I put a lot of effort and time into it, there is nothing worse than buying a car which has been modified and finding out its bodged (let me know if you can solder better than this ha ha )

The driver’s side was slightly more easier there was no extending of cables just re routing, of cables I re routed them behind the washer bottle neck, which is almost completely invisible under the engine bay here is the best picture I could get of that side and also here is where I fitted the ballast fitted snug accept I couldn’t fit one bolt back in the washer bottle

Also during doing this I noticed my droplink was snapped so here is my temporary fix but that also next on the addenda to fix hope you enjoy the read thanks guys

FUTURE MODS

• type r mats COMPLETED
  • Window tints
  • Earthing Kit
  • HID’s COMPLETED
  • DC5 pedals
  • Battery tie COMPLETED
  • Tow strap COMPLETED
  • Tegiwa strut brace** Additional

Back