• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Joe's New 2004 Black Civic EP3

Hi Guys a Few update in this post and a few more to come, enjoy the read

01/05/2015 Mileage 102978

FINALLY I got around to fixing my Brakes, HOPE YOU LIKE THEM :)

After waiting a approximately a month my Brake Disc Rotors finally arrived, along with my new Calliper rebuild kit and Ferodos DS2500, and seeing as it was a long bank holiday weekend what a great time to start stripping them ( and a good job it was a LONG weekend “it was needed”)

First off all I stripped the callipers removed the old rusty and seized pistons, removed bleed nipples and old seals then washed and degreased the callipers and using a scribe cleaned the groves were the seals sit, and then painted them.

After that I then started on replacing the seals, first of all the square cut seal went in nicely no dramas, then the dust seals took a few attempts, then after a few YouTube videos I saw a technique and did it work, NO! ha ha I struggled like a pig trying to get the seals to seat properly in the calliper and every time I seated them in the calliper first I couldn’t get the piston over, but after many many many hours in the rain and countless swear words I finally got them in ha ha,

(I have been dying to post this part) the next stage was to replace the disc simple enough I removed the brake carrier, then removed the passengers disc no problem go around to the driver’s side seized solid, more effing and blinding, but finally removed it,

Here is my new Disc what do you guys think, I have only every seen this on one other car and that’s a seat, I have had so many compliments on them I think they look amazing,

Old VS New

Disc and callipers fitted (left the pads out purely for the photos)

Finally fully fitted and back together (needs a clean)

Love that #teamjordan sticker, I have written RIP Jack on this picture, as that sticker is for him and he actually passed away the day I fitted these disc he was a friend of mine only 23 and died of Leukaemia, some of you guys might of seen things on Facebook and in the papers about him as he got married 2 week prior and Edd Sheran video called him and stuff, his Facebook page went pretty Viral, anyways RIP mate, he was a big Honda Fan as well,

09/05/2015 Mileage 103256

Another update, I have wanted the HKS Hi-Power Exhaust for a long time now, couldn’t justify spending the money one, anyways one come up for sale for £300 which I thought was a little expensive, but the guy selling it was also after Broken Gearboxes so I offered him my Broken Gear box and £200 and a deal was made,

Condition was average, centre section was a little scratched, and the back box dirty, but I cleaned it up lovely and fitted,
Here is a pic of the back box before and after I cleaned it

And a few fitted

11/05/2015 Mileage 103308

Last update of the day, not a very interesting update, but I ordered brand new front and Rear drop links, nothing special there MYELE HD drop links, I asked a guy on here and he said they were very good OEM Replacement, I have only Replaced the Front as the Rears are still fine and like most 11 year old Bolts underneath a car they were seized to hell, nothing an angle grinder couldn’t handle

There will be a few more update within the next few weeks, next weekend, if there is time I am having my 2.5” stainless steel centre section, fabricated to fit the HKS HI-power and also the studs drilled out on the cat and replaced with a nut and bold because I stripped the threads on 2 of the studs, also my car will be going in for a service, nothing too exciting ha ha

FUTURE MODS

• type r mats COMPLETED
  • Pioneer APPradion2 COMPLETED
  • Window tints
  • Earthing Kit
  • Mugen Oil and rad cap’s
  • HID’s COMPLETED
  • LED lighting all round (interior, plate ect) 20% COMPLETED
  • Leather gear gater COMPLETED
  • DC5 pedals
  • Battery tie COMPLETED
  • Tow strap COMPLETED
  • Prosport EVO LED Gauges (Wideband AFR, Volts, Oil pressure)
  • K&N Typhoon Induction Kit COMPLETED **Additional REMOVED Swapped with Tegiwa M Induction kit
  • Wind Deflectors COMPLETED **Additional
  • Accord Type R Recaros COMPLETED **Additional REMOVED Swaped with DC2 Recaros
  • Exhaust and B-pipe Completed **Additional REMOVED swapped for HKS Hi-power
  • Removal of Honda Badge Completed **additional
  • Accord Type S Alloys ** Additional
  • TEGIWA Engine torque damper ** Additional
  • Exedy Oem Clutch ** carried out @ 99315 miles
  • Mugen carbon grill ** Additional
  • Tegiwa strut brace** Additional
  • MYELE Front drop links** carried out @ 103308 miles
  • Stripped interior?!?!? (yes or No)

Cheers mate could be cleaner though and one day it will be, I also found a crack on my rear light about half hour ago and I'm absolutely livid because something's hit it

Lovely motor dude, enjoyed reading through your thread and seeing how it started and current status. Lot of nice extras and love the disc :smt023

23/05/2015 Mileage 103919

Hi guys not left it so long to update this time around, anyways I took my newly fitted HKS-HI power Exhaust, to a company called PREDATOR STYLING who are a custom exhaust fabricator company, and got them to remove the damaged welded in studs on the cat and modify my 2.5” B-pipe to fit the Hi-power back box, not much to talk about to be honest, just some pictures to show

anyways i want to say thanks to Mark at
Predator Styling Ltd
Unit 9-10 Lobsgrove Park,
Whiteball,
Wellington,
Somerset
TA21 0LYPhone:01823 672117

also i will phoning Honda after the Bank Holiday to book it in for a service within the next week so a very small update on that soon,

FUTURE MODS

• type r mats COMPLETED
  • Window tints
  • Earthing Kit
  • HID’s COMPLETED
  • DC5 pedals
  • Battery tie COMPLETED
  • Tow strap COMPLETED
  • K&N Typhoon Induction Kit COMPLETED **Additional REMOVED Swapped with Tegiwa M Induction kit
  • Exhaust and B-pipe Completed **Additional REMOVED swapped for HKS Hi-power + 2.5” fabricated B-pipe
  • Removal of Honda Badge Completed **additional
  • Accord Type S Alloys ** Additional
  • TEGIWA Engine torque damper ** Additional
  • Mugen carbon grill ** Additional
  • Tegiwa strut brace** Additional

Hi Guys I have been meaning to update again but, having just started a new job and having to travle over 300 miles away and trying to do my garden I just havn't enough time to sit here and update, anyways

02/06/2015 Mileage 104,260

I brought a Mugen Rep Spoiler, once I picked it up it was really badly sprayed, so I test fitted it and here is how the fitment was pretty good to be honest,

Once I saw the fitment I drove around for a week before deciding to spray the spoiler NHB and Hydro dipping the Wing, so off it came, I then split the wing from the base took the base to craig at back2new and the wing to the guys at Dip demon

15/06/2015 Mileage 104,703

Both parts of the Mugen spoiler was ready, so I went on a trip to pick both parts up and they looked absolutely amazing, can’t fault Craig from Back2new work at all, I have always used him ever since he repaired, my old Saxo, and dip demon also are extremely reputable company and there work equally just as good,

I tried getting some pictures but the quality just wasn’t that great, I also got a close up on the carbon effect excuse the dirty spots it was park up for over a week before I took the picture,

Also I brought some Takata Harnesses, I am assuming there Reps but the quality is outstanding and I didn’t really ask, I haven’t really been using them though as harnesses always rub against my neck any ways here is some pictures,

Anyways I want to say thanks to
Craig Brewster @ Back2New
Milber
Trading Estate
Newton Abbot
TQ12 4SG
Tel: 01626 368844

And the TEAM @ Dip Demons
Higher Furzeham Road
Brixham
TQ5 8QT
Tel:0790944501

During this update I also purchased these items and have been sat around for a little while accept the DC sport 4-2-1 header and Hondata K100 ECU which I picked up 03/07/15 I brought a Beaks Lower tie bar and also a plastic Hondata cover, which I have now fitted to the ECU, here are some pictures and I will update once the Header is repaired and fitted and the Cars been mapped, as for the Tie Bar I want to swap for a Red one as its only for show , but we’ll see if I get bored at some point and decide to fit,

FUTURE MODS

• type r mats COMPLETED
  • Window tints
  • Earthing Kit
  • HID’s COMPLETED
  • DC5 pedals
  • Battery tie COMPLETED
  • Tow strap COMPLETED
  • JDM Carpet COMPLETED ** Additional
  • Exhaust and B-pipe COMPLETED **Additional REMOVED swapped for HKS Hi-power + 2.5” fabricated B-pipe
  • Removal of Honda Badge COMPLETED **additional
  • Accord Type S Alloys COMPLETED ** Additional
  • TEGIWA Engine torque damper COMPLETED ** Additional
  • Mugen carbon grill COMPLETED ** Additional
  • Tegiwa strut brace COMPLETED** Additional
  • mugen Rep Spoiler COMPLETED ** Additional
  • Takata Harnesses COMPLETED ** Additional
  • Hondata K100 and mapped ** Additional (not fitted)
  • DC 4-2-1 Header ** Additional (not fitted)
  • Beaks Lower Tie bar ** Additional (not Fitted)

04/08/2015 MILEAGE 105,631 – 105,639
Small update, I got my DC sport header, fabricated, titanium heat wrapped and fitted, by a small but excellent fabricator, called KingFab you might of seen their company and products in magazines and on the internet, the guys have defiantly got a name for their selves,

Here are some pictures they took for me before fitting and once fitted,

They done a proper good job however, when I drove it home I noticed the exhaust had dropped, so I done a little research and apparently the flexi causes it to drop, so I spoke to KingFab and have booked it in to have an additional hanger welded, I have also ordered some Energy suspensions engine mount inserts, so once they arrive I will get them fitted and I have spoken to Eurospec and will hopefully have it booked in for a remap mid September,

want to say thanks to guys at KingFab for the work they done
www.kingfab.bigcartel.com

FUTURE MODS
  • type r mats COMPLETED
  • Window tints
  • Earthing Kit
  • HID’s COMPLETED
  • DC5 pedals
  • Battery tie COMPLETED
  • Tow strap COMPLETED
  • JDM Carpet COMPLETED ** Additional
  • Exhaust and B-pipe COMPLETED **Additional REMOVED swapped for HKS Hi-power + 2.5” fabricated B-pipe
  • Removal of Honda Badge COMPLETED **additional
  • Accord Type S Alloys COMPLETED ** Additional
  • TEGIWA Engine torque damper COMPLETED ** Additional
  • Mugen carbon grill COMPLETED ** Additional
  • Tegiwa strut brace COMPLETED** Additional
  • mugen Rep Spoiler COMPLETED ** Additional
  • Takata Harnesses COMPLETED ** Additional
  • Hondata K100 and mapped ** Additional (not fitted)
  • DC 4-2-1 Header ** Additional
  • Beaks Lower Tie bar ** Additional (not Fitted)

Hi Guys

Only a few updates since the last time, I am going to write this thread a little different to how I have been writing my others, by sorting the future Mods into different sections,
Anyways,

29/08/2015 MILEAGE 106,342

I decided to order some Energy Suspensions Engine mount inserts, seeing as i want to prolong the life of my DC sport Header, I spend pretty much all day trying to fit them as I didn’t want to drop the sub frame, it was very fiddly but I managed it here is a picture of the engine bay at one point ha ha and also a picture of them over the original mount; I never took a picture of them fitted,

I after I fitted them I was expecting a the car to feel completely transformed, and it didn’t in fact I thought the car felt slower, however I did think that it felt smoother, and gear changed felt better,

Got bored so I felt like throwing some Instagram pictures of mine and my mates car

10/08/2015 MILEAGE 106,680

Big day for my car today, today was the day the EP3 went up euro spec to be remapped and my god what an amazing day it was, woke up at 4am due to excitement, and set off for my 202mile journey and arrived at euro spec at 9.30

After meeting Romaine, he went about telling me the inns and outs of the mapping what he’s going to be doing ect, before he mapped it he dynod it too see what it was putting out on the standard ECU, here is a picture of the dyno on the standard ECU,

Romaine said that was a really good, run said the engine was really good and healthy which was music to my ears ha ha, before he mapped it he told me he won’t be able to get much more out of it top end, however the mid range will increase significantly, i know a lot of cars with the same set up and a bigger intake manifold normally dyno 240ish BHP so I wasn’t expecting any more than 220 BHP, so when he squeezed 228.2 ponies I was impressed,
Here is a picture of the final print out,

The car is completely different and every time I drive it now I have the biggest grin on my face, I have spent the last two night out cruising like I’m 18 years old again, im not exactly old anyways but it made me feel young again ha ha,

I have the car pretty much where I want it now, and in my eyes I don’t there is much more I can do to make it any more perfect, but to tidy it up,

I want to say thanks to romaine and Eurospec 2000
www.euro-spec2000.co.uk
Eurospec
15 westfield road
Slyfield industrial estate
Guilford
GU11RR

PERFORMANCE

• TEGIWA M INDUCTION KIT
  • HKS HI-POWER + 2.5” FABRICATED S/S B-PIPE
  • DC SPORT 4-2-1 S/S HEADER
  • TEGIWA ENGINE TORQUE DAMPER
  • ENERGY SUSPENSION ENGINE MOUNT INSERTS
  • HONDATA K100 – REMAPPED BY EUROSPEC @ 228.2 BHP
  • EXEDY OEM CLUTCH
SUSPENSION AND BRAKES

• TEGIWA STRUT BRACE
  • MYELE FRONT ARB DROPLINKS
  • REFURBISHED FRONT CALIPERS AND FERODO DS2500 PADS ALL ROUND
  • BREMBO CUSTOM ELEPTICAL GROOVE FRONT DISC
  • STOPTECH GROVVED REAR DISC
STYLING

• RED TYPE R MATS (NON GENUINE)
  • HID’S
  • LED BULB REPLACEMENT 50% COMPLETED
  • LEATHER GEAR GATOR
  • SMOOTHED CENTER CONSOLE + PLASTIDIPPED
  • BATTERY TIE
  • TEAM HECKO WIND DEFLECTORS
  • TOW HOOK
  • DC 2 RECARO SEATS
  • JDM CARPET
  • CIVIC TYPE R BADGES REMOVED
  • ACCORD TYPE S ALLOYS
  • CARBON MUGEN GRILL
  • MUGEN REP SPOILER
  • TAKATA HARNESSES
  • STRIPPED INTERIOR
ICE

• PIONEER APPRADIO 2 DA100 + JAILBROKEN IOS DEVICE
REMOVED MODS

• K&N TYPHOON INDUCTION KIT,
  • ACCORD TYPE R RECAROS
  • M2 EXHAUST + B-PIPE
FUTURE MODS

• WINDOW TINTS
  • EARTHING KIT
  • MUGEN OIL AND RADAITOR CAP’S
  • DC5 PEDDLES
  • PRO SPORT EVO LED GUAGES (WIDEBAND AFR, VOLTS, OIL PRESSURE)
  • BEAKS LOWER TIE BAR

Hi Guys it’s been a while since I have updated this Forum and these last few weeks my beloved Honda hasn’t been getting much luck being advisories from its recent service and then a few days ago her getting rear ended at a set of traffic lights which is why I’m now deciding to get her up to date on here before I go any thurther anyways here goes

10/03/2016 mileage 111,592

After a few months of driving my mapped Ep3 I eventually got use to the power and decided it isn’t enough especially when my mate brought a Subaru, which is pretty much equal on power so nether one of us could pull away from each other accept top end were I would, so anyways for the sake of a few hundred pounds I decided to put a few extra unicorns through the engine so I decided on a new M2 inlet manifold which was better gains than the RBC and cheaper so I decided to buy it, then off on a long drive to Eurospec to get it fitted and mapped,
The M2 is cheap, very cheap to the fact I hate it, the quality is very poor the paint work of it is pants and the m2 badge fell off during my drive home but anyways the gains after mapping was amazing so I am happy with it for now and pulling a car length on a Scooby is always a smile on my face
Excuse the messy engine bay but here is a picture of my engine bay in its current state and a picture of my new dyno.

photo bucket playing up here dont know why its on its side

05/06/2016 mileage 115,461

3 months passed and I haven’t treated the car to anything and I wanted to spray my lights. so after posting on Facebook looking about getting them sprayed a guy I went school with messaged me saying he’s starting his own business vinyl wrapping and did I fancy being his first customer cheap and in return leave him a review (urmmm yep) so I got my rear light tinted black which I love, there completely smoked and still let good amount of light through so there still visible, and got my front done chameleon affect which I’m not keen on so they may be coming off soon but the quality of his work is outstanding so after speaking to him a lot since he done my light I have decided I am going to get my car completely wrapped but I’m not going crazy with colour though I’m going to get the car wrapped in a paint like black gloss finish and a Kinjo style pattern in matt black to try and keep it subtle as possible I have also been doing a lot of electrical work for him and his business so hopefully he will look after me on price
Here are some pics of the lights and hopefully the future colour of my car,

20/07/2016 mileage 116,607

I had my car serviced today which was a fairly big service all the basics plus new plugs, new fuel filter and valves adjusting so off she went anyways after she come back I had a list of advisories , which weren’t good, here is a list of issues found
ABS light is on(which I have a new sensor ready to replace)
rear brake calliper is slightly binding
suspension slightly knocking(not a major issue)
gearbox bearing are noisy,
and the one which really upset me when they were adjusting my valves they noticed my chain is stretched by one link I have been told its still got a while before it throws me a EML code so it still perfectly fine to drive but maybe I shouldn’t bounce it off my 9k rev limit,
here is my history so far

13/05/2005 @ 12,465
24/05/2006 @ 22,732
26/04/2007 @ 29,919
13/05/2008 @ 35,658
11/05/2009 @ 49,428
11/05/2010 @ 52,510
******* (Previous owner said the Honda Garage forgot to stamp the book)
09/03/2012 @ 68,280
07/02/2013 @ 81,000
08/05/2014 @ 93,693
02/06/2015 @ 104,323
20/07/2017 @ 116,607

BIG BAD AND SAD NEWS TODAY!!!

13/08/2016 mileage 117,423

After having bad news from the service and paying all the money for a full service including valve adjustment, new fuel filter ect and driving the car only a handful of times and covering less than 1k since then, I come to a stop at a set of traffic light and the car behind decides he loved my car so much he wanted to give me a little love tap,

So after a little screech then a bang then me rolling into moving traffic it hit me that my car was rear ended, and trust it to be a Scooby driver.

So here is the current state of my car, luckily the damage really isn’t that bad apart from my wheel well is slightly crumpled due to my faded poo tow hook which is what’s causes most the damage, as well as my bumper and crash panel being knackered everything else is completely straight, my tailgate is completely straight my lights are undamaged my struts and suspension are completely untouched.

Before I decided whether it was for the insurance to sort I got 3 crash repair companies to inspect my vehicle 2 who both said don’t bother with the wheel well as it really isn’t bad and won’t affect anything and just get a new bumper on. But me being quiet anal and personally knowing it’s there I wanted it repaired so the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] being my mate said be at mine for 9 next Saturday and we can get the wheel well looking perfect in 3 hours so I have decided not to go through the insurance at this point in time as the whole repair is going to cost less than £150 including a second hand bumper and crash bar which I have already sourced and brand new genuine clips and mounts personally I thinks it’s fair as I don’t want to put someone in a financially difficult situation buy affecting their insurance premiums and then have the hassle of getting my car back valuation loss and all that ballach that comes with it, for the sake of literally a few hundred ££

Anyways after receiving this list of bad news and then being love tapped, I had been thinking about my future plans with the car a little more and it would seem a shame to give up on a car which I have owned for 4 years now and has been faultlessly looked after and serviced and a car which I well and truly enjoy driving so my future plans are to give the whole car a complete tidy up by
completely cleaning and rust protecting the underside of my car as well giving suspension a spruce up by power coating the sub frame, trailing arms other suspension parts ect, re bushing the lot with polybush replacing old parts with uprated aftermarket parts, coilovers, bigger ARBs ect then,
vinyl wrapping the car as said about above, spray the interior of the car and engine bay giving it that clean show car look (colour possibly a candy red style)
Rebuild the Gearbox with carbon syncros, LSD and lower final drive (already quoted with Eurospec)
Carrying out a complete wire tuck of the engine bay by re-pining every terminal and replacing every cable, so no more chopped, soldered and heat shrunk cables, which I have already started
Then a full engine rebuild with the TTS bottom mount rotrex supercharger kit, with supporting mods.

Back