• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jonnyplusone's 05 Cosmic EP3

Hi Guys,

new to this forum, so thought i'd start things off and say hi!

I've owned my CTR (factory standard with 70k on the clock) for 2 weeks now and have already done the following...

goodyear eagle asymetric tyres, debadged the civic rear badge, Tegiwa cat-back, tegiwa airbox, fitted 6000k HID's and led sidelights, silver indicator bulbs, vibra technics engine mount and tegiwa gearbox mount insert and tegiwa solid shifter bushes.

I've also purchased but yet to fit..

some ABP springs, eibach camber bolts and hardline? rear camber arms, carbon dipped dash, parrot handsfree kit, new mats, honda jazz washer jets,

once done, i'm eyeing up some rota grid drifts and a seibon carbon spoiler!

here are some pictures from the advert, as i've yet to take any pictures!

1_zpsc9b3ec46.png

2_zps1921f134.jpg

3_zpsbed86acf.jpg

4_zps80649f3c.jpg

noticed I have a rubber hose that has snapped! anyone know what it is for? it's not connected at the moment! found a picture of an engine bay and circled the hose/tube in question with my MS Paint Skillz.

hose_zps7d330b87.jpg

noticed I have a rubber hose that has snapped! anyone know what it is for? it's not connected at the moment! found a picture of an engine bay and circled the hose/tube in question with my MS Paint Skillz.

It is the breather pipe from an air vent valve on the water pump. If it's the hose that has split, cheap and easy, however if it is the valve it is a bit more expensive.

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/hond...ck_01=17S5T501&block_02=E__1501&block_03=9813

E__1501.jpg

Pipe #18 on the diagram, Honda part #36283-PNA-G00 RRP £8.18
Valve assembly #9 on the diagram, Honda part #19350-PNE-G00 RRP £145.69

I wouldn't worry too much about that hose. For example; the plastic connector on mine broke about a year and a half ago, it's been ziptied together ever since. I am not in the least concerned and have no plans to remedy the current situation :lol:. Duct tape FTW.

I very much approve of white grids on cosmic.

Very nice - this looks lowered already... are you sure that it isn't already on springs?

Either that, or the boot is full!

Guess I'll find out tomorrow when I plan to fit my ABP springs! it isnt that low in "real life"

on that note.. i'm getting the FRSU done at a local place and i'm getting conflicting ideas for what the settings should be from doing various searches on here and CTRO...

can someone suggest what settings to tell the guy doing my setup?

Last edited by a moderator:
quick weekend update!

fitted the new wheels which needed new 215/45/tyres (as I went for 8.5J et30 Grid Drifts) and then fitted the ABP spring kit, then cleaned and waxed it! pics below!

Still need a recomendation of what geometry settings to give to the garage doing my FRSU. Anyone?

image_zps81b3445c.jpg

image_zpscf255b7c.jpg

image_zpsfc9c7bb7.jpg

Looks awesome mate. I've got a cosmic myself and used to have a Milano red on white rota grids then I painted them candy purple. I've got black rota boosts on mine at the moment but really fancy a set of grid drifts. Do they fit with no rubbing or anything in that width and offset?

That's good to know. I had a set of work 3 piece split rims on the civic before the boosts and they rubbed the rear arches ever so slightly over speed bumps. I was gonna get the arches rolled but decided to get rid of the wheels instead.

Quick update!

the wheels rubbed the arches, so arranged Paul from archenemy to come roll my arches and he did a superb job. Highly recommended!

Hi there. Welcome to the cosmic club!

You bought yours from the same place I bought mine! I looked on the website and saw this one came in just after I got mine, I was tempted to ring and swap with money but i had already spent a lot of time on mine to get it up to scratch.

Did you get any money off. They were firm on the price with mine.

It was hard to choose which one to buy they had 9 ctrs in stock when I went. But only one cosmic and I have always wanted one.

Did you see the other garage full of evos! I nearly wet myself

Hi there. Welcome to the cosmic club!

You bought yours from the same place I bought mine! I looked on the website and saw this one came in just after I got mine, I was tempted to ring and swap with money but i had already spent a lot of time on mine to get it up to scratch.

Did you get any money off. They were firm on the price with mine.

It was hard to choose which one to buy they had 9 ctrs in stock when I went. But only one cosmic and I have always wanted one.

Did you see the other garage full of evos! I nearly wet myself

mine had to be a cosmic grey also..

I had a look at all the other cars, they had an Evo fq400 and a few focus rs's too!

I managed to get some money off as well, plus I noticed that one of the other type r's had a skunk2 gear knob, so I negotiated that ;)

I do like a cosmic. But NHBFTW (NightHawkBlackForTheWash).

I've driven all of the alternatives (somewhat of a hobby of mine), they just don't feel anything like as exciting. What black/cosmic magic have Honda put into these cars?

I had prematurely ordered loads of bits and had things from my first one.
I did try and get a custom red and white intake and plug cover thrown in that was on a nhb one but they wanted more money and i was bang on budget already with no other funds.

They are a very good garage i was very happy and would recommend them.
When my brother gets another nhb ctr i will take him up there.

They had a integra type r supercharged in blue. But it was three times the price of mine unfortunatly

Back