• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Josh's 53 NHB CTR

Hi all :)

Recently swapped my Fabia vrs for my new civic type r! Really happy with the move, I've lost lots of torque (and mpg!) as the fabia was running 191bhp 300+ft/lbs of torque. But I much prefer the civic, it handles lots better and I prefer the feel of a slightly bigger car! Here's a pic of the fabia anyway...
null_zps090af439.jpg

I don't really have many pics of the civic right now as I've only had it a few weeks, at some point in its life it's belonged to a TRO member as it has stickers on the rear windows!

The day I picked it up
b97b4af129ab8526a47377622d23808d_zps658f15ee.jpg

Snow foamed
933ff83ceb2444955e3da89abf839583_zpsf981311f.jpg

fc10cf023fee0428c9f9867bc007573c_zps71cbad64.jpg

Only interior pics have a bad Instagram filter...
71cd5213f6d46105b69b19a3f37db699_zps48b4c9ad.jpg

Or a rather sorry looking beagle :(
f0faca54f609d5f31ff8f64c66f54f46_zpscaf429a3.jpg

Me being me couldn't leave it standard for long, so it's now got D2 rear camber arms and eibach camber bolts and has its FRSU done tomorrow!

I want to sort things in blocks as and when money allows, I've decided to see to the brakes first, ordered ATE Super Blue fluid, Tegiwa brake stopper and HEL braided lines for starters, then when cash allows ds2500 up front with oem discs and same for the rear although I don't think I'll bother with ds2500 on the back.

After that energy engine mounts, powerflex box mount, new Honda MTF box oil, short shift and shifter bushes.

will update as and when things get done :)

Thanks for taking a look!
Josh

Nice. The dog looks a bit unimpressed though. :lol:

Yep, DS2500s on the back is a bit of a waste and they don't tend to heat up enough to get any decent bite with most of the braking being done on the fronts. Stick with OEM pads on the back.

Just watch the D2 camber arms. There have been a few instances of failure where the thread strips from them and you end up with silly camber on one side and a crabbing car. They might be OK, but they aren't the best unfortunately.

Other than that sounds good! Keep us updated!

You running a hybrid on the Fabia? I used to have a Fabia vRS at 175bhp 300/ftlbs and the an Ibiza Cupra TDi running 205bhp and both 300ft/lbs. Both mapped at P-torque. Looks really nice to be fair.

You'll find it a huge difference not having the torque and having to use the revs. :)

Civic looks great!

Had my FRSU done Monday, it's really changed the feel of the car, I want fussed at first as the front didn't feel so nimble, but when you really turn it in it digs in much harder, really enjoying it now! I will keep an eye on the d2's then, they seem ok so far, but fingers crossed!

I'm working mornings this week so got a bit bored, went out and bought 2 litres of MTF and 2 litres of Halfords dot5.1.
32c395af790db529fbc885335036346b_zps741de875.jpg

No more pics as I got thoroughly ****ed off with my new Sealey vacuum bleeder which was drawing air in through the threads on the nipple making it look like I had TONS of air in the system, I twigged after half a litre on the first nipple and smothered the nipple thread in copper slip to seal them and job done.

Brakes feel nice and sharp now, I have braided lines on their way and 750ml of fluid left, should be just enough :)

The box oil was nice and easy though, the old fluid was nice and clean with no suspect specks of metal or anything so I was happy with that, it definitely wasn't Honda stuff I don't think as it smelled different and was red!

Nice slick changes, need that short shift, shifter bushes and energy mounts now!

That fabia was running a pd150 turbo off a Golf Goldie!

Facelift lights came off, preferred the pre face front end!

My lovely girlfriend bought me Tegiwas new shifter bushes for my birthday last week, they've made a huge difference to the shift feel!
null_zps55809cec.jpg

Oh and this little lot arrived on my doorstep today.
null_zpsfb7d6525.jpg

null_zps0be28ad0.jpg

Energy engine mounts fitted front and back, no pics of front one as I got totally ****ed off trying to fit it in!!

Back