• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

JRSC Cams and Mods :) 310.6 BHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Pan

I aint posting no more!
Had some extra work carried out on my car last week in anticipation for Japshow all work carried out by CPL Racing www.cplracing.co.uk

I allready had a 8psi Jackson Supercharger and was running 287.1 BHP @ the flywheel (Graph below)

Dyno1.jpg

It was decided to carry out a few modifications that included some new cams, a special throttle body and a Injen CAI filter

The new Dyno is below

dyno-1.jpg

I promise we just didnt get a pen and draw a red line honest :)

As you can see from the Dyno results the whole package of mods made a overall increase in BHP but the biggest gain was in torque, where my peak torque was 163 ft/lb previously im now making 204 ft/lb im also making standard CTR power at 5k RPM :) and also hitting 200ft/lb of torque at 5k rpm.

The car is now completly different and pulls like a train, and really gives you a kick in the back of the neck.

I will say that, I think this is as good as its going to get with a JRSC, there may be a little bit more cam development and obviously if a aftercooler is released then there will be a bit more, but for now this is about it

The following allowed me to do a new personal best 1/4 Mile of 12.67 Seconds at 110 MPH (It will go faster though I was driving like a pansy to save a very worn out clutch)

Once again many thanks to both Guy and Lynn at CPL Racing for all there hard work and roll on next year

Very nice fella. :twisted:

If you dont mind me asking, how much have you spent on getting your car up to 310 :?:

Cheers,

Chris

If you dont mind me asking, how much have you spent on getting your car up to 310 Question

If you include everything including clutch LSd etc etc bits and bobs its lots :)

Impressive curve, very linear... 8)

Can I ask what make/kind of cams are they? Off the peg or a custom grind?

Peak power at the heady heights of what looks to me to be 8900rpm... very 8)

Can I ask what make/kind of cams are they? Off the peg or a custom grind?

Yer you can ask, and the reply is speak to CPL Racing, they will tell you all about them

Have you though about bigger brakes with all that power?

Andy

I have got uprated brakes :)

But to be fair lots of weight can be saved by fitting smaller brakes :)

lol! I still have standard apart from fluid and braided lines!!! :lol:

New pads required I think - its getting dodgy at crail trying to stop before I go over the cliff and onto the beach!!

Peter Pan said:
Have you though about bigger brakes with all that power?

Andy

I have got uprated brakes :)

But to be fair lots of weight can be saved by fitting smaller brakes :)

its a bit of a silly idea fitting smaller ones.

What have you uprated to?

Andy

I only have crappy EBC groved disks and Red Stuff pads with brided lines etc etc etc and some uprated fluid :p

Works ok to be honest, problem I got is tyres now im spinning it up in 3rd in the dry :)

With the Semi's on Shocked ??? or normal road tyres?

Andy

Normal road tyres, there aint much grip left on the fronts though to be fair, I think some new decent tyres may be in order now.

In the wet its great fun :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back