• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

JRSC Cosmic Grey EP3

Dont like all the strickers on the back but the rest I love!! Any issues running the jrsc kit?? Whats the power figures??

Haha, yeah they aint to everyones taste i suppose. :/
I personally havnt had it on the dyno but i have the printouts from the previous owner.
293bhp - 191lb/ft
its been charged since 2007 and nothing has gone wrong as far as the engine goes. my fidanza 2-piece flywheel fell apart causing some minor scoring in the bell housing (happened about 8 months ago) and last week an inlet manifold broke in the head and it leaked boost causing uneven idle and a reek of fuel in the cabin.

but for 7 years of having 293bhp it still feels like 293 bhp! :D
a new rolling road has just opened in dumfries so i will pop in after a service and see what its like.

Looks awesome mate. I've also got a cosmic grey one and am dying to get it supercharged. It's currently running 240bhp with the stage 5 eurospec package but I desperately want to get it supercharged. Keep up the good work mate.

I would definitely recommend charging! it just feels... right! they should have made them from the factory like this one!
the only downfall.... the cost of doing it. :/

I've never been in a charged one and would like to feel the difference. Like you say though it's the cost which is the only thing holding me back at the moment. I've got the groundwork already done with the eurospec package that was fitted, k100 ecu, stage 2 clutch and lightweight flywheel, DC sports manifold and cat back and rbc Inlet manifold. Obviously I'd lose the rbc when the charger was fitted but I think it would be an absolute beast if I manage to get it done. Did you get the car already charged?

yeah man! all you would really need is a LSD and the kit. so about 4000 quid. at the end of the day, to get that sort of power from a n/a would cost twice the amount!
yeah i bought mine charged to save the hassle and cost. theres a few going about for sale but i dont think any of them are as well specced as mine tbh.
my spec is:
8psi Jackson charger
rc 650 injectors
AEM v2 intake
Hondata kpro
Toda 4-2-1 header/de-cat
Spoon b-pipe
replica spoon back box
Quaife atb LSD
Clutch masters fx300 clutch
clutch masters one piece lightweight flywheel
baffled sump
tenzo r 50mm springs
jdm front and rear anti roll bars
Goodridge braided lines
CPL braided clutch line
ferrodo ds2500 pads
drilled and grooved discs
tegiwa torque damper
shiny washers and nuts (+2bhp per nut)
rota grid 17x8
eibach camber adjustment bolts

Nice spec you have there mate. An LSD would be a good thing for me to get I think as that would only improve things even more. I have the receipt from the previous owner and his bill was £3800 for the stage 5 package that was fitted to my ep3 in February last year. I thought for that kinda money you could of pretty much had a charger instead but her chose to do it like this instead. Even at the 240bhp mine is running now it feels so much quicker than my last ep3 and the vtec kicking in lower down is better aswell in my opinion.

cheers! most of it was the previous owners mods, but i chose this one because it has obviously been loved. came with every receipt, service even receipts for the tires! lol.
yeah it makes a hell of a difference with a lsd. i suppose because your previous owner has done the stage 5 it has made it alot easier for you to charge. sell your rbc and get it done! :p what does your tec kick in at?

That's the plan eventually. Save up and get the charger fitted and mapped and sell the rbc and k&n typhoon. I've been sorting things out on it since I got it. Fitted brand new hsd coilovers which I think are really good for the money. Had bc racing ones on my last ep and they were really good too. I think my vtec kicks in at about 4500rpm or something like that. It's definitely below 5000rpm. I'm dying I have a go in a charges ep3. Years ago my first car was a crx vtec with the b16 engine which I absolutely loved and thought about charging that but as time went on I moved over to a few turbo cars over the years but have come back to honda about 4 times now as I just love them.

Back