• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

jrsc... need advice.?

I know of someone selling one close to where i live and im just after advice from people..
- Would it be fine putting it on my car with 70,000 miles on the clock.?
- The charger has done around 8,000 miles (will this still be good).?
- All this is included....

- Inlet Manifold (specific)
- Supercharger & Pulley
- Throttle Body Mount
- All rubber hoses / breather pipes
- Modified water pump - (allows inlet manifold to fit!)
- Drive Belt & Tensioner

- Will anything else be needed apart from k-pro.?

You will also need up-rated injectors. As for the mileage on the charger 8k is not a lot so should be fine as long as it is in good nick. The car should be ok again as long as you have looked after it and had her regularly serviced and kept the oil in check.

As anything there are no guarantees, and any tuning to the engine will increase wear due to extra stresses and heat involved so you need to bare that in mind. But I am sure you know that.

the injectors will be about £400-500 i think. as for the water pump you mentioned i got my s/c on noprobs with the standard pump in place

Most folks use RC injectors and you should be able to get them from most decent tuners. Abbey Motorsport, TDI North, CPL, Owen Developments etc etc... I think the stock kit comes with 440's If I recall. However in most cases 650's are used due to the larger spray pattern allowing a better mixture, and more even burn (at least that was how it was described to me :D).

Those are the puppies. Seem like a good price. Though mine came with my JRSC so unsure how much a new set goes for.

If you are buying injectors seperate I'd do some research as there are better injectors out there than RC's.
Depends if you want ones that'll work or ones that are really good.

Once you have all the parts for the SC and k-pro, how much does it cost for all the fitting and getting it mapped? Can you get another ECU that is cheaper if you dont want to mess about with it? im sure i have heard of a K-100 or something where once its mapped you can just leave it if you dont want to tinker. So anyway back to the question, how much will i pay after i have bought all the parts?

Back