• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

JRSC'd CTR with 109k miles

Guy finished this for me today, well f8ck me it is quick.

Everything I thought it would be has been bettered.

Current mod list :-

02 NHB CTR with 109k miles (owned from new)
JRSC 8 psi
Hondata K100
Hondata IMG
Toda Racing Manifold
Toda Racing Catback
AEM CAI

The car pulls sweet as you like and to be fair is a totally different drive to before.

The car made 236 whp which aint bad for a 109k motor, it just shows how good these engines are.

I am now looking forward to Le Mans journey competing with a Impreza P1 and an E30 M3, should be at the front of the convey me thinks.

Nice 1 mate, enjoy it...i got mine done last week...9psi kit got 245 wbhp.....totally transformed the car, kinda wondering why i never got it sooner!! :lol:

Would advise anyone on getting one of these, cant beat it for power for money like, but 1st and poss 2md are out the equation when giving it hard acceleration, need to be very gentle with it now, once its rolling, 3rd is awesome....and the sound accompanied with the Spoon n Gruppe M :twisted:

I love the sound, on the way back from CPL all I did was accelerate then slow down, then accelerate again.

I wish I had done it sooner, but was happy before with just ecu, catback and induction, but after today I would tell anybody buying a CTR to set aside some money.

Just need to get LSD now, everything else is done.

Needs them big time, front discs have more lip than Bubba running with standard pads, rear discs are knackered too running with EBC Redstuff pads which are now grinding.

My bad !!!

Hi Chippyleigh

I've got virtually identical spec to your car, Toda mani, Toda exhaust, AEM CAI & K100, and im also booked in with Guy for a Supercharger conversion soon.

Forgive me if this is a daft question, but how much more powerful does your car feel now with the SC, does the power kick in soon as you touch the accelerator?

Also mate, why did you opt for 8psi as opposed to 9psi?

Thanks mate

Mez

Hi Chippyleigh

I've got virtually identical spec to your car, Toda mani, Toda exhaust, AEM CAI & K100, and im also booked in with Guy for a Supercharger conversion soon.

Forgive me if this is a daft question, but how much more powerful does your car feel now with the SC, does the power kick in soon as you touch the accelerator?

Also mate, why did you opt for 8psi as opposed to 9psi?

Thanks mate

Mez

Can I just clear something up well I think im right there aint no 8psi its all the smaller puller which will give you 8/9psi these will pump out around the 230 whell BHP on guys dyno (he will shoot me if im wrong) the same set up will pump out around 245/250 on the TDI (System R Dyno)

Thas has been proved with my own car, as my Sc was fitted and tuned at CPL made 230 WBHP next day went to System R and made 245WBHP

Just to clear things up :) for all involved

Ohh and about the acceleration yer they accelerate fast very fast

Although now TDi have had the new software installed I went from 280wbhp to 260ish, but the main thing to remember the rolling road is a tuning tool, and how your car drives on the road is the main point of tuning a car, but to answer your question about difference its like chalk and cheese, as with alot of people I had done the header, exhaust, airfilter, kpro before fitting the charger, gaining the extra bhp in one mod in a car such as the CTR with the charger is :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Until you have been in one or driven one is quite difficult to realise the difference, but I would recommend fitting some kind of LSD to fully harness all that extra go.

my two pence for what its worth :lol:

Looks like the difference between TDi's and CPL's dyno has got smaller and smaller with their recent updates to the RR. It's virtally all new apart from the actual roller parts you can see. This thread suggests the difference is down to less than 10wbhp now.

yep i belive there hardly anything between the dynos know.

maybe as close as 5bhp.

other factors could be the weather (temp)/fanspeed ect

ep i belive there hardly anything between the dynos know.

maybe as close as 5bhp.

other factors could be the weather (temp)/fanspeed ect

I think you will find the difference is at least a min of 10 BHP

even with updtated software a car made 206 at the wheels (with old software) went back with new software to the recent RR day had done nothing to the car at all and made 208 at the wheels (with new software) ???

But like others have said they are just tuning tools, what I was just pointing out is there has alway been threads stating BHP from various dynos for the un-educated person reading this forum and certain threads they can get the wrong impression that certain tuning companies can get more power from the charger etc etc.............

when its a know fact that at 8Psi/9Psi they will only make a certain power if you have a decent filter zorst etc etc...........the differences in filter and exhaust choice and there effect on BHP is somewhat reduced from the charger, so various Air filter / Exhaust combos as long as they are a free flowing system will not make that much difference.

As we know all Dynos are different and its important when stating dyno figures that they are just tuning tools :)

As others have said its drivability that means the most and how the car performs on a daily basis

:D Welcome to the club :lol:

I think we're going to have to get some T'Shirts made :lol:

Diff & Cluth before hard lauch's Req :wink:

P Reddy said:
:D Welcome to the club :lol:

I think we're going to have to get some T'Shirts made :lol:

Diff & Cluth before hard lauch's Req :wink:

Next on list mate, was thinking about IPS cams in near future too, thats if i don't make it go pop soon.

The power difference is massive, with k100, Toda and AEM it was a quick car, but now it is a very quick car with masses of torque making driving a lot easier, no revving up to limiter as much now.

Petrol consumption seems to be reasonable too, can't wait to go to Le Mans in it next month, surely make a few heads turn with the noise :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I was messing around last night with a friend who's just bought a 55 plate.
he was cainning it from the lights, I was behing changing at about 5500 6000rpm's :lol:

I believe friendly got @ another 30bhp from IPS :twisted:

P Reddy said:
I believe friendy got @ another 30bhp from IPS :twisted:

It hard to say as with the old software at TDI North it was maxing out at 268wbhp @ 7000rpm, with the new software its lost a bit of bhp but gained torque
15992.JPG

quality chippyleigh 8) , avin mine done soon to cant wait for more power :twisted: its nice to hear of another higher mileaged ctr coping with all that power, mines done 76000 so was worrying about getting the SC done, but balls to it, its gettin done, these engines are bullet proof if u look after them? arent they, i hope? :lol:

LOL Bullit proof er....... to a certain extent unmodified :wink:

Just keep the rev's limit to a reasonable level and the usuall
oil level checks it'll be ok.

But it will expire earlier than untuned thats a fact.

You cannot go into tunning ANY car without an open mind, abuse
anything and it will not last, but there is no reason why a S/C ctr
shouldn't keep going it looked after.

T'shirts.... I think we need a JRSC section on the forum now :wink:

Just for info. I am now at 67k miles, and run the car on a long daily commute. 28 thousand miles give or take with the charger on. Ok I am running the 4psi kit, just for piece of mind I guess. Also I have set the revlimit on my shift light at 8k. Again I feel with the charger there is little to gain in going higher, and it helps with the mechanical sympathy. You just have to not try so hard with the extra oomph.

Oh and just to illustrate further the pointlessness of comparing power figures on different dynos I am also making 230 whp or there abouts, and that is with just the 4psi kit. And I am fairly certain there is more than 6 hp difference between the race and street kit :D. Mine was measured on the dynapac, which imho is the most consistant....

(let the dyno debate rage on ;))

Oh and at the same day in the same conditions I was only 4 tenths behind the 8 psi cars of typy and Hovblack.....

.....and I drive like an old lady :). But then Carl was only 1 tenth of a second slower than me, and he just K-pro jackson Mani and GruppM hehe....

Back