• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

J's racing gold

Hi guys,

does anyone know what paint number / code J's racing gold is? I need to do some colour coding :cool:

Thanks. :D

No, I doubt J's would give it out either.

Brencivic on CTRO does custom cam covers, and I've seen him do one in a similar colour to the J's Racing, strut brace, bracket, gold.

Then again, I'm not sure if he'll give you his secret either, unless you buy a cam cover off of him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take your strut down to B&Q, they have this tester thing.

Works wonders.

What? And they'll just mix up the colour for you in a can/tub - once you're happy with the match?

Yeah.

They have this machine which shines light onto the paint and the reflections determine the colour or something.

Its great, it can be anything, from a sweet wrapper to a shoe, if you can see the colour and its larger than a penny its yours.

My sister works the one at the Romford branch.

Yeah.

They have this machine which shines light onto the paint and the reflections determine the colour or something.

Its great, it can be anything, from a sweet wrapper to a shoe, if you can see the colour and its larger than a penny its yours.

My sister works the one at the Romford branch.

Awesomes.

Thanks.

Do you know if you could take that 'code' to get parts custom sprayed properly then? Or is it like an 'in-house' B&Q code that's not recognised outside of B&Q?

I don't mind getting my hands dirty for small, managable bits and pieces, but it would be interesting to know if a code mixed up in B&Q is accepted in a wheel refurb place for example.

Awesomes.

Thanks.

Do you know if you could take that to get used to custom spray bits and bobs properly then? Or is it like an 'in-house' B&Q code that's not recognised outside of B&Q. I don't mind getting my hands dirty for small, managable bits and pieces, but it would be interested to know if a code mixed up in B&Q is accepted in a wheel refurb place for example.

I have no idea, I seem to think its a Dulux machine now that just lives in B&Q.

It will be a Dulux code though I would have thought, made up of dulux shades.

There was that advert on TV, where the bloke steals the kiddies shoe and runs off with it, because its a perfect green or something, and theres another with a woman that takes something for here kitchen cupboards.

Any idea how they work out what the colour code is? I could do something similar with Photoshop but not sure if it's possible to convert that into a Colour code

Any idea how they work out what the colour code is? I could do something similar with Photoshop but not sure if it's possible to convert that into a Colour code

Na, its their own colour code.

They proabaly do something similar to PS, in term of sample it and make it up using their own colours, a certain shade of red, green, etc...

Getting a cololur code from Dulux would probably mean jack all to John in the paintshop at Honda.

Na, its their own colour code.

They proabaly do something similar to PS, in term of sample it and make it up using their own colours, a certain shade of red, green, etc...

Getting a cololur code from Dulux would probably mean jack all to John in the paintshop at Honda.

Yeah... this.

But having it mixed up by B&Q and getting John at the paintshop to apply could prove fruitful.

Edit: Suits, you changed your avatar as a result of the question you were getting in this thread LOL?

but surely dulux will only mix gloss or emulsion?

I think they do metal paints too, not heat proof ones though, but it depends on what the OP'er wnated it for.

I assumed trim and plastics :lol: .

Edit: Suits, you changed your avatar as a result of the question you were getting in this thread LOL?

Just saw this, as one of your ever changing posts HypeRicer :lol: .

I forget what avatar it was now :? .

Fck knows mate - possibly some rainbow or something?

Ah yes.

science.jpg

Back