• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just back from 25K service

Grantham Honda have done a solid job again, on time and with no dramas. All the bits they should have done (that I can check) - they have done (i know I should trust folk more!!)

Anyhow, I am a little bemused by one entry on the service sheet.

12341PNA000 - PKG, HEAD COVER (This appears twice on my bill)

£11 odd each

Any ideas?

Sorry if this may seem silly but have you tried ringing your dealer to find out ??

I have no idea #-o :oops:

GaryMan said:
Sorry if this may seem silly but have you tried ringing your dealer to find out ??

I have no idea #-o :oops:

The thing is - i didn't want to ask them so they could say something really obvious back to me and make me feel like a dildo :lol: So I decided to make myself look like one on here publically instead. :lol:

The rocker cover has to come off on the 25k service to adjust the tappets. I'm not 100% sure, but I think they are the seals required to be replaced when re-fitting the rocker cover.

EDIT - Just checked my invoice and that part numer doesn't appear on mine :?

Bazzer said:
The rocker cover has to come off on the 25k service to adjust the tappets. I'm not 100% sure, but I think they are the seals required to be replaced when re-fitting the rocker cover.

EDIT - Just checked my invoice and that part numer doesn't appear on mine :?

Thanks Bazzer, that makes sense since I insisted that the valve clearances were checked.

They do change them as i have just had my 25k service. And I provided my own gasket which i already purchased.

But you should only have one booked on there!!
:?
Parts guys hand must have slipped :wink:

Sorry for hijacking this post,just wondered as my second service (25000) is due in a few months but i will have done only about 16000.Will i need the tappets adjusting?Will it be cheaper if i ask them not to do this?Or will they just do them regardless of mileage?

Thanks.

hothatch - ask them to do a low mileage second year service and then at the third year service get the things done that are due at 25000 miles - air filter and tappetts etc.

No Paul but the air filter and tappets are not usually done until the car has physically done 25000 miles, and also the plugs on non-type R's.

In this case, with the mileage he is doing this would be due at the next service ie, 3 years.

Dave S said:
No Paul but the air filter and tappets are not usually done until the car has physically done 25000 miles, and also the plugs on non-type R's.

In this case, with the mileage he is doing this would be due at the next service ie, 3 years.

Dave are you still at work? Thats what you call devotion :)

Dave S said:
hothatch - ask them to do a low mileage second year service and then at the third year service get the things done that are due at 25000 miles - air filter and tappetts etc.

Thanks dave.I will do that :wink:

Back