• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just bought fn2 GT couple of questions

Hey guys as the title says bought myself a type r fn2 GT today, one annoying issue is the clutch when pressed and mainly released makes a squeaky sound, i sprayed with wd40 but it didnt help, would this be the pedal itself maybe need replacing or the clutch in general? Also there is a plastic piece missing on the side of the dash on drives side not sure what its called just wondered if someone could tell me the correct name so i can get one thanks.

Attachments

• 20160510_195347.png
    20160510_195347.png
    260.2 KB · Views: 29
Hi mate
Your problem with the clutch peddle is the clutch master cylinder it will need replaceing, you can spray as much WD40 or grease as you want but it wont cure it , we replace loads & loads of these
As for the o/s/f dash then yes there is a clip on piece missing

Thanks guys thats awesome, another question i just went to replace my gear nob and not sure if this black thing should be on as it looks like something thats been glued and i cant unscrew or release it.

Attachments

• 20160510_204022.jpg
    20160510_204022.jpg
    510.4 KB · Views: 31
The metal bit that is up against the knob is the OEM lock nut, but it looks like it has had something glued to it to hold that aftermarket gear gator up.

Under that plastic will be spanner notches to turn the lock nut. Looking down on the knob, knob goes counter clockwise, lock nut goes clockwise.

Ohh damn this looks awkward to remove especially with it been glued, i was gonna put my ep3 mugen gear knob on am i right in guessing the ep3 knob fits the fn2?

Back