• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just changing B-pipe

Hello there

I heard from someone on ZSOC that someone with just a tegiwa and an unsilenced b-pipe managed to get 212bhp or so on a road? I have a tegiwa so was wondering if a different b-pipe would do actually do anything or whether it wouldn't be noticable?

I don't want a stupidly loud car again though either. Any ideas on the noise level with a standard back box, cat and manifold?

I'm right in saying the b-pipe is basically the bit after the cat up until the backbox, so still use standard manifold cat and backbox?

He said I'd be able to pick one up for 100-150 quid or so?

Only worry then is dragging it off if i get anything done under warranty lol.

Whats ZSOC? Arguably you may well get these results though will depend on what b-pipe you put on. Not all b-pipes will fit straight out of the box.

A different b-pipe is likely to be more noticeable in performance than new cat back. A different b-pipe is also likely to be more louder than oem. You'd probably get an unbranded one for 100-150 but if it was me, I'd look for a supersprint silenced or spoon b-pipe though the spoon may be too loud for what you want. I think there are some videos in this section of the forum so I would have a look around.

Cheers. Had a look around here and youtube and it's still loud with just a b-pipe. It's a shame i'd really like more power without having a stupidly loud car or spending thousands.

i've only recently gone for an unsilenced b-pipe, and although it feels a tad more responsive, i pulled 199 on a rolling road yesterday, so without a remap there will be next to no gains :/
the sound however is another story, perfect rasp :D

Spoon or other silenced b pipe will give slight gains, silenced is NOT loud at all. Even unsilenced with OEM b box isn't that loud.

With a Tegiwa instake and bigger bore b pipe, there is no way on earth you will see 15bhp. 5 more like.

Cheers.

Makes sense lol, 15bhp from that is stupid now i think about it. Not being boosted I take it mapping doesn't do a lot either? Just asking because Ash4Lotte mentioned it.

I thought the b-pipe made a more noticeable difference than the induction personally, although there wasn't much in it. Mapping made a 6bhp peak power increase for me but it was the 40bhp and 10lb ft torque increase at 5000rpm that you feel!!

Strange that. Same peak power at about 8000rpm or something, but gave you 40 more at 5000?

Does it make the curve a lot less steep than and more linear type thing? With an induction, b-pipe and map you could see good gains across the range then, just not peak? I'd bet the maps quite expensive though isn't it.

The map was £250, the ECU was £450 2nd hand. Improved MPG a fair amount too though, so should pay itself back slightly until I come to sell it.

I'll upload my dyno print at some point so you can see exactly what it does, as it's plotted against my standard ECU on the same graph which is pretty handy. It is fairly big money but when you consider the gains it gives you compared with exhausts/induction/b-pipe/manifold etc it's the best bang for the buck by far.

ep32.jpg

i noticed a big midrange difference when i put my catback and filter on, the standard b-pipe is a straw, get it changed!

Been looking in to this and i've decided against it. There's 1 for sale now as well lol. Hit me when i was driving to the shop then. Really quiet and smooth and relaxed. If I want noise the tegiwa provides it at 5000rpm. Best of both worlds. I'll just buy a more powerful car in april.

Thanks for the help though.

Back