• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just fitted HIDs to my cosmic :)

just fitted some 6000k HIDs to my ctr and what a difference well happy with them! Well worth a purchase if you have not got them.

Get some pics up of them on, im getting some for my cosmic but cant decide to go for the 6000k or 8000k kit!

I know the 6000k are brighter but i want a hint of blue but not too much!

Get some pics up of them on, im getting some for my cosmic but cant decide to go for the 6000k or 8000k kit!

I know the 6000k are brighter but i want a hint of blue but not too much!
8000k will be too much imo. Bear in mind factory xenons (not just Hondas) are around 4500k.

i will later as the other half out in it at mo think 8000k would be too much but its your car mate. now just my wheels todo now!

i have had both 6000k and 8000k hid bulbs in my ctr.

8000k are as said too much and look chavtastic so i went back to the 6000k one's which give off a brighter light than the 8000k and have a bit of a blue tint to them.

here is some picks of them fitted with my led sidelight bulbs which are a perfect match for 6000k i think.

DSC00565.jpg

DSC00567.jpg

DSC00563.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers fella's thats made my mind up now, going to go for the 6000K kit after seing that pic

I though factory HID's were 6000k, I liked the ones that are standard on the DC5, there a nice colour.

Are they the Facelift H1 35w HID kit?

Last edited by a moderator:
Will these actually pass a mot though? as would love hid's but been told that the lamps have tp have a certain marking on them? and also have headlight washers? in order to pass a mot as the vehicle wasn't fitted with them from stock

Will these actually pass a mot though? as would love hid's but been told that the lamps have tp have a certain marking on them? and also have headlight washers? in order to pass a mot as the vehicle wasn't fitted with them from stock

As far as I'm aware I think it said that the mark your on about is e mark? Which I think is the legal limits to lights etc. Also it says that they will pass mot headlight washers I have heard this before but don't of my customers cars I clean like 60k upwards and not seen some cars with them!?

We recommend 6000k bulb ice Blue as it will give the most light, and there is no problems with the MOT
this is what it said in the advert and this is the kit I bought 110297317621

I think what your saying is true mate, chances are though most mot testers wouldntbkbow that or really care so long as the beam pattern is ok

think some places can be funny about led sidelights as most if not all of them come packaged stating not for road use? all depends on the tester at the time, doubt it would fail on that alone as they'd prob just change them for you

hi! new to this forum and need some help with some H4 hids i bought off ebay. when trying to fit the housing for the bulbs, i noticed the hole in which to fit the new wider housing wont fit. the factory bulb fits into a much smaller gap. how do i get past this bit?

Back