• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just got my quote..

My renewal was £1650 at the beginning of January, and that's on my mothers name.

Also with Direct Line. They're letting me build NCB's even though I'm only down as a named driver 8)

CTR said:
My renewal was £1650 at the beginning of January, and that's on my mothers name.

Also with Direct Line. They're letting me build NCB's even though I'm only down as a named driver 8)

I have noticed this statement on the Direct Line TV ads - that must be bringing in alot of custom. :shock:

CTR said:

They're letting you do that!!! :shock:

I worked in insurance for a bit and that was known as "fronting", basically the main (young) driver insures the car in their Mum or Dad's name. The company I worked for didn't allow it at all and if someone sneaked through the net and managed then if they had a claim it was invalidated.

That really surprises me that they are letting you build NCB through fronting!

Catz said:
CTR said:

They're letting you do that!!! :shock:

I worked in insurance for a bit and that was known as "fronting", basically the main (young) driver insures the car in their Mum or Dad's name. The company I worked for didn't allow it at all and if someone sneaked through the net and managed then if they had a claim it was invalidated.

That really surprises me that they are letting you build NCB through fronting!

They are advertising this as I mention above - it is obviously making them a popular choice.

Scousefella said:
They are advertising this as I mention above - it is obviously making them a popular choice.

I was typing as you posted ... they must price accordingly still I guess.

Catz said:
Scousefella said:

I was typing as you posted ... they must price accordingly still I guess.

I can't see them letting it go on the cheap. :twisted:

My actual renewal quote is at £666.13p WTF?? :shock:

Number of the beast in £££s and Number 13 in pence :?

Elephant have just quoted me £610.00 including Zorst/Filter mods and with only 2 yrs NCB - £7k crash declared too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scousefella said:
Elephant have just quoted me £610.00 including Zorst/Filter mods and with only 2 yrs NCB - £7k crash declared too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL :lol:

Scousefella said:
£7k crash declared too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's how damage you did?

That's exactly the same amount of damage I caused to my first CTR. It was 10 months old when I wrapped it and Direct Line took one look at it and wrote it off.

Had a new one delivered to my front door 1.5 months later 8)

CTR said:
Scousefella said:
£7k crash declared too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's how damage you did?

That's exactly the same amount of damage I caused to my first CTR. It was 10 months old when I wrapped it and Direct Line took one look at it and wrote it off.

Had a new one delivered to my front door 1.5 months later 8)

Most of the damage was superficial - I think the majority of the £7k was labour charges!!! :shock:

Back