• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just got my Type R, need advise!

I'm new to this so I don't even know if I'm posting on the right part of the this forum.

Nevertheless...

I have purchased a Cosmic Grey Premier CTR.

It already has an Induction kit that feeds down the bonnet but I don't know what to start doing to it next.

It needs some TLC for example I'll be changing the grill because it has a crack in it but not sure whether to get the Mugen grill or stick to the facelift grill.

Any advise would be helpful.

ThankS

P.S.
I would post pictures but it wont let me for some reason!

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I have been told on here, get FRSU (fast road set up), the change in handling, etc is supposed to be night and day compared to standard.

Depending on how deep your pockets are you can do alot...a few people tend to change the exhaust, bigger manifold and then remap as a good base and from what I have read results can be quite good, again, depends on how much you want to spend :) What induction kit do you have? Alot of members will recommend a gruppe M or tegiwa replica for maximum gains if you haven't got one already, I'm running a Typhoon K&N which I am pretty happy with :)

With regards to the grill, it is personal preference.. I have always liked the mugen grill but can live with OEM.

I would recommend a website like photobucket to upload photos if you aren't doing so already.

Oh yea...and welcome to TRO :)

Welcome to TRO!

What Grim Rep3r said. FRSU is a must, the difference is night and day. Most people will fit uprated springs at the same time.

Have a read through a bunch of build threads to decide what you like.

Some of the cheap things you might want to do

Engine mount inserts
Braided brake lines
Skunk 2 gear knob

These mods really make a difference and are all relativly cheap.

I also have a premier edition cosmic however id say stick to oem grill

Thanks grim thats a big help. I'm looking to get the tegiwa induction kit in order to replace the one I have now however I'm not sure what exhaust to get coz ill be using it every day so I don't want anything crazy load but still something that would enhance performance and a bit of grunt. Also can you get an active exhaust on ep3's?

1812_s I like the orm grill as well but can't seem to find the facelift grill for sale. The ones I've found have been the preface lift ones. They have a smaller badge in comparison to my one -_-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMIIfR421pU

this is mine :) there is a thread on here somewhere of all different exhaust sounds, etc

I think as soon as you start playing with the exhaust the noise levels will increase, performance enhancement you're probably looking at a full system with decat to get the best gains and from what ive seen it can turn out quite loud lol

A cheap and cheerful way to make an EP3 sound fruitier is an unsilenced b-pipe, it makes a great noise. You can pick them up for about £70-150. You'll need all new bolts and gaskets when you replace it, but it's not hard to do.

If you put a big backbox on a unsilenced b-pipe and race manifold, then yes, it's funking loud. Trust me on this. There's a vid on my build thread of both.

Back