• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just had 2nd service..question??

MUXY

Wiperblade Master
As above, just had the 2nd service at 20k.(2 years)
When driving, the car seems noticable smoother when engaging VTEC.There is not as much 'kick' as before it went in. :?
Obviously I have checked oil level (you never know) and I am flooring it at every opportunity. :twisted:

There is no loss of performance, but the 'changeover' seems much smoother.... :?

Has this happened to anyone else???

I had the 2nd service was at 25k but as for the cross-over issue - if the oil is all good and temperature is fine then maybe the dealers have damaged the VTEC solenoid during the service. :?

Could also just be a mental issue. :lol:

Scousefella said:
Could also just be a mental issue. :lol:

more than likely......especially after your lot beating Cardiff.... :lol: :lol:

don't they check/adjust the valves at the 2nd / 25k service?

one of the mechanics at my local dealer said that the engines just keep getting better and better to drive.. and that there's quite often a noticeable improvement after the 2nd service.

Shackbleep said:
don't they check/adjust the valves at the 2nd / 25k service?

one of the mechanics at my local dealer said that the engines just keep getting better and better to drive.. and that there's quite often a noticeable improvement after the 2nd service.

I take it all back....it is running better than ever.... :twisted: :twisted:

I reckon it must have been when they cleaned the engine bay.....damp or something....

Running very well now.

same thing after my second service,i too found the engine running alot smoother,the only thing i put it down was the changing from semi to fully synthetic oil

Neil if you want more of a "kick" when going into VTEC, put V-Power in it you tight git!!!

Seriously though, i had to fill up on Tesco 98 (even the 99RON Tesco shoite gives lwoer performance IMHO), and the difference was astounding - it was like using 95RON.

V-Power all the way dude - much, MUCH better fuel!!

REGAN said:
Neil if you want more of a "kick" when going into VTEC, put V-Power in it you tight git!!!
I can only just afford Tesco super 97.....it is not a company car like yours you flash bastid!! :wink: :lol: :p

MUXY said:
I can only just afford Tesco super 97.

Like i'm going to believe that! I filled up on V-Power the other day - it was ONLY 90.9p/litre 8) :shock: (albeit in Cheltenham - but it's pretty cheap locally now too) Now if you can't stretch to that there's something wrong somewhere...

how much were you paying for Tesco sh!t only a couple of months ago?? High 90s? I'm telling you it's worth it putting V-Power in, you won't believe the difference!
MUXY said:
Tesco super 97
I thought it was 98 - getting myself all confused - Optimax was 98 and even that was tons better than Tesco Super.

To everyone - Really now, come on, let's be honest about it, seriously, no messing - any fuel other than V-Power is shit if you want good performance (however seldom that may be) from a high performance car, such as the Type-R. You might want it all the time, you might just want a little bit now and then, whatever, whenever, use Shell for F's sake

I have used Vpower on and off for a while now and i don't notice any difference what so ever! One of my mates has a Leon Cupra R and he hasn't noticed any difference either, the only one of my mates who has actually noticed a difference drives a subaru pushing out 260bhp.
We have all come to the conclusion that Vpower and any other higher octane fuels only make a difference to cars with turbo's.

Yup, the valve clearances are adjusted at the 25k. Don't know if this makes it smoother though ?

JonCTR said:
Yup, the valve clearances are adjusted at the 25k. Don't know if this makes it smoother though ?

no worries now...it is running sweet. 8)

Back