• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just Had My 2nd Service - Very Happy

And it cost me £140! :D

I was quoted a price of £239.

But I supplied my own oil, and I did not require an air filter change due to my AEM CAI.

All the usual 25K mile service bits were done/changed etc.. and I had a very camp Cinamon Jazz for the day whilst my CTR was serviced.

Not really sure where the £100 difference has gone, as surely an air filter and oil cannot add up to this!

Anyway, an excellent job, and the service manager was more than happy to look over my car prior to the work being done (so there could be no arguments over potential damage etc..). They even wrapped the locking wheel nut tool with tape to eliminate the chance of scraping the serated bit on my Rota Torques :D

I can happily say I recommend the Rowes Honda Dealership in Plymouth.

Sounds like a good dealer to me. I like the trick of wrapping the locking nut tool :wink:

The 25k service is quite labour intensive as your tappets (Valve Clearances) are adjusted. This will be the reason for the hike in price :wink:

Bazzer said:
Sounds like a good dealer to me. I like the trick of wrapping the locking nut tool :wink:

The 25k service is quite labour intensive as your tappets (Valve Clearances) are adjusted. This will be the reason for the hike in price :wink:

Yup - they were checked and adjusted as per the service sheet I have.

nice to see a good job well done.

you're not exactly a "small chap" so im sure there was no piping up from the 32 year old thin balding slightly pale and frale usual service manager type

excluding from my generalisation is our wonderful service manager friend davey of course!!!

The service manager was very cheerful - was interested in my little track day I did last weekend and then went on to tell me about his visits to Castle Combe 8)

Back