• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just tried the Megs Headlight Restore Kit

Quick question I got the Meg's kit as well. Haven't had chance to give it a good go but did your kit come with the buffer attachment? If so what sort of drill did you use? I used a corded drill and think that was the wrong type as nothing much happened.

Though that transformation looks very good :)

Yes i got the buffer attachment and i used a regular corded black and decker drill. It's not really a quick 5 min job I think I spent about an hour on mine and its still not perfect.

Cool cheers. I used one like that as well. Just felt a bit too powerfull for the application. Will give it another go when not working and when the weather gets better!!

I used this kit and it was perfect when finished but after about 6 months I've noticed the cloudlyness has came back (not as bad).

Im going to do it again but after cover in lamin-x (clear protection film) so its hopefully doesnt return.

Just used the Meguiars restoration kit and can 100% vouch for it, did 5 passes on the light and very pleased with the result.

Paid £18.29 inc post on fleabay.....Just ordered another for the bro inlaw as he was astonished with the result.
[h=1][/h]

Hi

Made a start with mine. Heavy going by hand so its front middle then back. Well pleased with the condition of the paint for a 2004 car.

Regards Granty.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365273467531.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365273467531.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 66
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365273518053.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365273518053.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 58
Anyone know if this could be fixed with the restoration kit?
4umu2eza.jpg

Man you guys had a better result with the Megs kit than I did.

Sacked it off half way through and wet sanded with various grits and then polished back with a rotary and the PlastX in the box.

Wish I'd just done that in the first place tbh.:lol:

Headlight refurb

After getting rather distracted from refurbish my headlights I have finally got round to it. I apologise if this is a duplicate thread but I could not find anything to suggest people know this little trick

Here goes
All you need is water, cloth, toothpaste ( I used Colgate lol) and elbow grease finally cockpit shine spray.

before
null_zpsefdbbf1c.jpg

null_zpsc3bfc58c.jpg

null_zpsa55d8fbe.jpg

null_zpsadf27849.jpg

Here is proof of toothpaste for minty fresh headlights

null_zps71308e83.jpg

After no more than three coats on each headlight

null_zps27f28371.jpg

null_zps1b032d06.jpg

null_zps966ff04d.jpg

null_zpsef7dc516.jpg

As you can see the toothpaste removes the brown but not all scratches do this is where the cockpit shine comes in.
A little spray and you have new looking head lights for nothing ( I'm sure most if us have toothpaste handy, cockpit shine hopefully)

null_zps69264b03.jpg

null_zps44dcbb82.jpg

null_zpsb41ed72b.jpg

I know you could simply not be a cheapskate and just buy a refurb kit but this is free and effective and simple and easy.

Hopefully some of you will find this helpful to restore you headlights

Nice results Fairley_46

Megs stuff is pretty good, particularly the Plast-Rx and Scratch-X

The first picture is also after trying the toothpaste method, which as you can see did not work and had no effect.

Just generally give it a wipe over to take the dust away. Autoglym do a vinyl and rubber care. Or I have heard fast glass works well also.

Back