• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K&N Induction kit

Can anyone tell me whether any tuning needs to be done to the engine after a K&N induction kit has been fitted? Furthermore, what other induction kits can anyone recommend which is better?

Nothing needs to be done. The ECU will relearn the new intake after 50 or so miles.

There are loads of other induction kits about, here's a handfull:

Gruppe M - Proven best gains but £500 and nightmare fitting put people off

AEM CAI - Almost as good as Gruppe M but only costs £200. problem is that is sits in the bumper so you have to watch out for deep puddles

LONG RAM Kits - Like the K&N Typhoon and Simota: These will loose BHP as they are affected by heatsoak.

Theres quite a bit of information, just read through some of the threads in here and you should know a little more.

I have an K7N 571 going really cheap when i get back from iraq in a few weeks , and when i say cheaop i only want 20quid for it

Hi there, i have a Typhoon kit fitted to my ATR and when the full kit is fitted correctly the filter sits down behind the bumper well away fron the enigine so it doesnt get so much heat.
I would recommend them to anyone who wants to fit a filter kit.
Anyone know where best place to get a de cat pipe from?
:D

Hi Mate, you didn't say what car you've got.

You have to be carefull the original airbox on the ATR is very good and most if not nearly all CAI's loose you power and torque :(

I've a K&N typhoon (the new purpose designed one released a month ago) and throughly recommend it - although it is as loud as throttle bodies in v-tec which is not to everyones taste. With this and exhaust + de-cat I'm running 226bhp @ fly with 168.5 lb ft. The new typhoon is one of the only purpose designed ATR mods using a guy on the ATR forum's car.

Back