• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K-PRO and MPG

N8 ORTS said:
MilanoChris said:
N8 ORTS said:
Anyone worked out what the average MPG is with KPRO fitted on a standard car?

The KPro works best when mapped on CAI's and exhausts. Not much point in using it on a standard car IMO.

Exactly what i thought. Thanks. :)

That's only my opinion though mate. Don't take it for granted. If you really want to know for yourself then contact a tuner.

even with no mods you will still feel the difference with kpro as you can lower the vtec engagement point.
the car feels a lot more torquey(?) at low revs
it it definitely worth doing with just a CAI and spoon bpipe

lecurie said:
even with no mods you will still feel the difference with kpro as you can lower the vtec engagement point.
the car feels a lot more torquey(?) at low revs
it it definitely worth doing with just a CAI and spoon bpipe

I would agree. Check my sig to see the power i got with only those mods mentioned with K-pro.

Worth every penny.

Black R said:
yup 8)

obviosuly depends on what map u run and how u drive, the tuned cold air map #4 makes good MPG

Can any1 tell me where i can find this map. is it the k20a2-rsx-2005.kal converted to work on the Euro CTR?

thebaron said:
Can any1 tell me where i can find this map. is it the k20a2-rsx-2005.kal converted to work on the Euro CTR?

Might not work very well.

The 2005 RSX has the K20Z1 engine (the K20A2 with ITR cams)

http://www.hondata.com/dynok20-05rsx.html

I average 30mpg every week with k-pro. Even gets upto to 33mpg on long m/way runs, and I don't drive it with economy in mind.

There's a couple of things to note here. With tuning for performance the KPro can give increased mileage.

When running a base map you could be lucky and gain increased mileage, one of the reasons for this is variations in the injector flow rate.

Alternatively if increased mileage is the main requirement we can tune specifically for it. For example you could have you car tuned for fuel economy out of vtec and performance in vtec.

thebaron said:
so wheres the tuned cold air map #4 that some1's mentioned. i cant c it in the KManager list?

k20a2-civictyper-tuned.kal

Similar to the #4 reflash :)

When stock I used to get about 230 miles between refills with the KPro and without a cat, I now get 280 consistently, so thats about a £50 month saving plus I now have 20% more power.

Seano

Back