• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K Pro - Anything I should watch out for?

Been offered a kpro for £250 plus my standard ecu so obviously im going to bite this guys hand off.

His is mapped for his car with a spoon n1 and spoon unsilenced b pipe, aem v2 and to run on optimax.

I have a custom made 2.5 inch system, built to the same spoon specs (yes I know its not a spoon) but its silenced and nothing else at the moment perfomance wise. I am going for a gruppe m but thats not till March ill get it.

So is it ok to just swap them over and run mines on his setup until I have my gruppe m and dc manifold then map it or is it a must to sort it now? He also thinks I wont need a full map as the launch control, alteration to rev limiter had been done etc etc and will cost £80 to get it done for mines.

Any suggestions welcome

It is always said that each individual car should be mapped and not given a "one fits all" map.

Saying that, if you are going for the GruppeM in the near future and are happy to do so then just run the standard (oem) map until fitting the GruppeM - then get a complete map to suit the car after fitting.

^^ So I can get them to map it to original specs until I have my mods then?

I know running it on his mods wont be good for any power improvements I was more worried it could be running lean on mines and I dont use optimax - I guess Ill need to begin

TerryCTR said:
^^ So I can get them to map it to original specs until I have my mods then?

I should think so.

I have never had K-pro but I am sure the software you get (K-Manager?) will allow an OEM setting.

Ok cheere mate thanks for that, a part tune being £80 ish is maybe something I should just go for anyway im waiting to see what tdi say first on this before deciding.

you should be ok with the standard cold air map (rsxcoldair.kal IIRC) until you get it mapped properly

Datalog his map and see what results you get back, if in doubt just run the standard tuned map you get with the Hondata software until you get your new mods.

lecurie said:
you should be ok with the standard cold air map (rsxcoldair.kal IIRC) until you get it mapped properly

Sorry for being thick but I take it just go to tdi etc and ask for this map. And by mapping it properly do you mean the full shooting match?

Cheers for the reply

Chief said:
Datalog his map and see what results you get back, if in doubt just run the standard tuned map you get with the Hondata software until you get your new mods.

Again sorry for being thick mate, but can I datalog myself or do I need a tuner to check all this out I take it?

TerryCTR said:
Chief said:

Again sorry for being thick mate, but can I datalog myself or do I need a tuner to check all this out I take it?

If you've got a laptop do it yourself mate, I can't confess to being the K-Pro expert but you can easily plug your laptop in and datalog and see if you've got any knocking occuring. Again with the maps, if you have a laptop just load the map you want to upload into KManager and click upload and it will upload to the ECU.

^^ I can get a lap top to do it, so when I buy a map from a tuner say they give me the map for future reference?

TerryCTR said:
^^ I can get a lap top to do it, so when I buy a map from a tuner say they give me the map for future reference?

If you were to go to say TDI, they would map your car and the map would then be on your ECU, you can either download it from there or the better more safe option is to get them to give you a copy on disc.

£250??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

They normally go for at least 2x that price with a swap as well.....Rip that arm off!

Just make sure it is a proper Kpro and not a scam where you part with the money and get a std ecu in return with a Hondata sticker on it. :lol:

^^ :lol: Dont worry mate its the real thing and his arm is ripped off already. I do need to give him my ecu but worth it.

Already had 18" Kei RSS Alloys with new toyos for a swap of my stock and £200 (my tyres we ruined on the insides).

And a Vis Racing carbon fibre spoiler for £50 and my spoiler

Not bad I think :shock: :D

Back